Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Takeout and Delivery

Tulip from above, showing pistil and stamens


candytuft white


These are some spring photos I took for you.

Have you ordered in yet since the Covid lockdown? We got an Uber Eats delivery this past long weekend and enjoyed it very much after about 2 months of doing our own cooking. It was chicken wings from Wild Wings with 'garpar' fries (fries with a garlic parmesan dressing). We enjoyed this treat very much.

Then a few days later we decided to order in some sushi and Japanese food.  It was delicious but after throwing out all the plastic waste I felt guilty about polluting the environment.  There has to be a better way, even if it means cooking our own food at home.  It seems a more simple solution for now.


25 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Lovely flowers

Valerie-Jael said...

The flowers are wonderful. Glad you enjoyed he takeaway. It does leave lots of plastic waste, that's true Hugs, Valerie

Hilly Nicolay said...

I like cooking food myself.

Greetings.

Lady Fi said...

How very lovely!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful flowers

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The flower photos are beautiful and I like to cook at home and don't eat anything outside this year.
Greetings Elke

Himawan Sant said...

The use of styrofoam in online food ordering is probably the only right food container for ordering food online.

Greetings from Indonesia

baili said...

what a wise conclusion dear Christine :)

so true no matter how long we eat out or order to bring it home it is Best when we cook at home i learned it long ago :)
thank you for gorgeous flowers

Jenn Jilks said...

It's true, the waste. Some of our local restaurants are doing cardboard boxes, which, depending upon your order, works well. We usualy pick an order up on Thursdays, to help our local restaurants. We aren't in a delivery area for anything!

gigi-hawaii said...

I have never tried Uber for food delivery. Interesting concept.

Sandra Cox said...

We got pizza on Mother's Day. First takeout since the lockdown.

dkzody said...

No delivery as I don't trust what happens to my food between restaurant and my house, but we have gotten take-out 3x. Twice from our favorite pizza parlor and once from our favorite Chinese restaurant who just reopened about 2 weeks ago for take out only.

dkzody said...

I'm with you, Hilly. I usually can cook better than many restaurants. We eat out at places that fix food I do not make or cannot make as well. but for now, we are eating pretty much at home.

Lowcarb team member said...

The flowers look nice.
So pleased you enjoyed the takeaway … we haven't had a takeaway for ages!

All the best Jan

Wanda said...

The only outside food we've had is Panda Express drive through, and a salad from Wendy's drive through. Good thing I love to cook and our refrig and pantry are stocked.

Tanza Erlambang said...

the first photo is beautiful flower, but look strange for me.

Nice to eat sushi, one of my favorite foods....yummy

Kay G. said...

I love your photos of the flowers.
I wish I could get take out food but my husband has celiac disease and must be gluten free, tough to get from restaurants.
So, lots of cooking for me! :-)

Kathy G said...

My husband is a member of an organization that does monthly shifts at a soup kitchen. They use plastic bags and containers to take food to housebound clients, so when he goes to his monthly meeting I bag up everything and have him take it.

Unfortunately, we got a note last week that the soup kitchen moved away from using donated items. I understand their concern, but hope the rules change back again soon.

Anonymous said...

We haven't ordered at all during this period. All our meals have been prepared at home.

Christine said...

I added captions to the photos, that is a tulip from above showing it's pistil and stamens.

Chris Lally said...

Thank you for the beautiful photos!
No, we have not ordered in:(

Ananka said...

Great pics :-D

Yeah we have ordered a few times!

The Happy Whisk said...

I picked up two free pizzas last night after Aldi shopping. I'm not big on eating out in general. But now and then I enjoy it. Yeah, too mush waste on some of those takeaways. I get that.

sandy said...

I've ordered in pizza from our favorite place twice. One time I ordered in Mexican food along with a margarita to go ...the margarita was great but the chicken flautas had no flavor but normally they do from that particular restaurant.

sandy said...

oh another Aldi fan. I love that place - best prices ever. We get our coffee from there - so much cheaper than Starbucks and so good.