Saturday, May 30, 2020

Royal pastry chefs Scone Recipe

Coronavirus meme funnies

One of my sisters sent this link to the Queen's scone recipe. Well it was released by the Royal pastry chefs.  Here is the recipe as per the link:


The Queen’s fruit scone recipe

500g   plain flour
28g     baking powder
94g     butter
86g     sugar
2         whole eggs
140ml buttermilk
100g sultanas (cover in hot water and leave to soak for 30 minutes)

1 Preheat oven to 180C.
2 Mix the flour, baking powder, butter and sugar together in a bowl until a crumb is formed.
3 In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together.
4 Add the liquid to the crumb mixture.
5 Continue to mix the dough until it is smooth.
6 Add the sultanas and mix until evenly distributed (optional).
7 Remove the dough from the bowl, flatten the dough and cover.
8 Leave to rest for approximately 30 minutes.
9 Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2.5 cm and cut to desired shape.
10 Rest the scones for another 20 minutes.
11 Gently egg wash the top of the scones.
12 Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
13 Cool before serving with jam and clotted cream.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The scones sound good, and the mice are adorable. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Kay said...

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a scone. I love the mice hammocks.

Elkes LebensglΓΌck said...

How sweet the mouse picture is and such a delicious scone I would also like to try!
Greetings Elke

Natalia said...

Sounds yum!

Hot guys said...

Adorable drawing! πŸ’¦πŸ’™πŸ’¦πŸ’™

And I'm sure many will appreciate the recipe. πŸ‘πŸ»

Pam said...

I have never made those but I have been wanting to try...however, I need to drop some COVID 19/lock down pounds first...

Lowcarb team member said...

The mice are cute.

Definitely a scone weekend!
Yes, I too posted some low carb scone recipes today :)

Have a lovely weekend.

All the best Jan

JFM said...

Sounds delicious and a cute and inventive drawing πŸ€

R's Rue said...

Yum.

gigi-hawaii said...

Sounds good, but I don't know how to measure in grams and ml.

Evi Erlinda said...

Gosh! How smart mice in doing up-cycle disposable face masks!

Sounds yummy!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sad that some just litter there mask about.

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful drawing and sound recipe for delicious food.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! That is funny :)
The recipe sounds so delicious!

Ananka said...

Lol love the wee cartoon!