Saturday, May 23, 2020

Coconut Quinoa Pilaf



I decided to try making this quinoa that I have had for awhile.  Using it with some leftover  coconut milk, it became a tasty side dish.  Here is my pilaf recipe:

2c water  (2c if using scented rice)
1/2 can coconut milk
1 c quinoa seeds rinsed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 stalk celery chopped
1/2 onion chopped
2-3 tbs olive oil
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4c dried cranberries

Heat oil, saute onions, celery add salt, pepper, parsley, and cranberries. Mix in rinsed quinoa,
add coconut milk and water, simmer covered 25 mins.

18 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sound delirious and healthy

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds great. Happy Saturday, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great recipe! Thank you, I'll write that down!

Natalia said...

Sounds yummy and aromatic!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love anything with coconut!!

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks good. I should buy some coconut milk, too.

Monica Hein ~ Beauty Diary said...

Looks good :)

Pam said...

I have never had that before. Looks interesting.

Wanda said...

Now that looks really good. I think I would like that as a side dish with a nice piece of cod or salmon.

sandy said...

i love rice pilaf - this sounds different but good.

Evi Erlinda said...

Looks delicious! I have never had quinoa with coconut milk. I will give it a try

Ananka said...

Sounds good. I do like quinoa :-D

JFM said...

This sounds delicious but hubby won't eat coconut :(

dellgirl said...

This sounds really delicious and rather easy to prepare.

gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com said...

Looks so good Christine !!

Adam said...

Looks nice

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing your recipe.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!