Saturday, May 9, 2020

Potato Salad



I made this colourful potato salad to go with some pork chops I had baked last week. Some frozen mixed vegetables were a perfect addition to the potatoes. Here is my recipe.

4 medium potatoes peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
3 tbs light mayonnaise
1 tsp butter or margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil (or your favourite herb)
2 tbs white vinegar
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped or sliced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables (can use frozen sweet peas or chopped fresh celery)

Boil the potatoes and eggs in water with 1 tbs salt for 15-20 minutes until the potato is fork tender. Microve the frozen mixed vegetables with a few tablespoons of water for 3-5 minutes. Remove the hard boiled eggs from their shells and slice into thin strips (I have a handy egg slicer gadget). Otherwise you could just chop the eggs. Mix in the mayonnaise, eggs, seasonings and vinegar.

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks yummy1, tanks for sharing. Hugs, Valerie

Kay said...

You are such a wonderful cook, Christine! I haven’t had pork chops in forever! I guess ever since we moved back to Hawaii since mom has hard time eating meat unless it’s super soft.

Hot guys said...

I love me some potato salad, Christine!

Love how yours looks like... ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š

Jenn Jilks said...

I like potato salad!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Natalia said...

I love potato salads , yum!

Lady Fi said...

Delicious

Lowcarb team member said...

Pork chops and potato salad sounds good, many thanks for sharing your recipe.

Happy Weekend Wishes.

All the best Jan

gigi-hawaii said...

You forgot to add the mayo.

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

blessings I hope you are doing well and navigating the covid-19 quarantine restrictions placed on the world.

My traditional potato salad has beets, onions & mixed vegetables. Usually this particular style is reserved for Christmas because of the red :-). Normally its potatoes, peas and carrots, onions, scallions seasoned with herbs and other spices.

Stay safe.
A fabulous weekend to you
Rhapsody

JFM said...

Great idea ... sounds delicious!!!

Stay Safe ๐ŸŒท☕๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒท

Elkes Lebensglรผck said...

Thanks for the delicious recipe, I like it too!!!

Christine said...

Thanks Gigi

Christine said...

Thanks

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never but mix veggie in it

dellgirl said...

Oooo, yummy! This sounds delicious, never thought of adding meat into the potato salad. I LOVE me some potato salad! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Happy Mother's Day, Christine! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Chris Lally said...

Sounds like a winner, Christine! So nice of you to share the recipe:)

Adam said...

Looks nice

Tanza Erlambang said...

thank you for sharing recipe

Ananka said...

Not had a potato salad in years!

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy! My husband loves potato salad. I should try this.

The Happy Whisk said...

Yum. Love me some taters!