Sunday, May 3, 2020

A champagne birthday





Son K delivered a cake I made for daughter L's birthday to her last week.  I also made one for us and we celebrated over Facetime.  Baking cakes is not my specialty but I was pleased with the result.  It is a banana cake with chocolate buttercream icing.  I will be making it again.

A champagne birthday for L apparently meant that she turned 28 on the 28th!  So it is when the date of someone's birth and his age are the same, did you know that?

29 comments:

Kay said...

Happy Birthday, L! That looks so delicious!

DUTA said...

The cake looks terrific!
Happy belated Birthday to your daughter!
(No, I didn'tknow about the meaning of champagne birthday. Thanks to you, I know now).

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. The cake looks great, wow. Strange that we have to celebrate apart, but this way, you all shared the day. Hugs, Valerie

Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of a champagne birthday. We call that a golden birthday. Same thing, just a different name. It was my nephew's birthday that day, too. We all had our own cakes and sang over video.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!!!
you can be proud of this delicious cake. No I didn't know what that means if the numbers are the same!
Greetings Elke

Sudipto Sarkar said...

That looks delicious, Christine... If I knew about champagne cakes, I'd have made some when I turned 28 (my birthday's also on a 28th). :)

Hot guys said...

Happy Birthday! ^.^

The cake is amazing Christine, bet it's tasty as well! :)

JFM said...

Happy Champagne Birthday to your daughter.
I haven't heard this before.
The cake looks delicious!!!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

The Happy Whisk said...

28 on the 28th is a very cool numbers fun thing. Love banana and chocolate.

The Padre said...

Banana Birthday Cake, Brilliant

Cheers

Monica Hein ~ Beauty Diary said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter :) Cake looks delicious !

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks like a delicious cake. The recipe looks good, too. Happy birthday to L. Aloha from Hawaii.

Jenn Jilks said...

Excellent! Our grandie is ten this week.

Sandra Cox said...

Happy Birthday to L.
The cake sounds delicious.

Hilly Nicolay said...

Happy Birthday.


Nice cake :)

Ananka said...

Hope she had a great time! Great cake :-D

sandy said...

I had never heard that term before. The cake looks so so so good!! happy 28th to L.

Nas said...

Yummy looking cake. Happy birthday to your daughter. I also celebrated my birthday on the 26th.

dkzody said...

I knew it was pretty special. However, since my birthday falls on the second of the month, it's been a long time since I had a champagne birthday.

Kathy G said...

Good job!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks yummy

Anonymous said...

28 on 28! That is very cool. The cake looks really good!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy Birthday.
Cake looks so yummy...

dellgirl said...

Happy Belated Birthday to daughter, L!

Wanda said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. The cake look so delicious.

Suz said...

I had no idea what a champagne birthday meant. I learned something today!
The cake looks great; I hope she had a nice day.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy birthday wishes to your daughter.
I didn't know what a champagne birthday meant, but now I do, thank you.
The cake looks yummy.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

I didn't know what a champagne birthday was either so thanks for that info. Great job on the cake and it looks delicious!