Friday, February 3, 2017

Paint Party Friday - Red Couch



Welcome to Paint Party Friday! This piece called 'Red Couch' is done on good quality red cardstock (6" x 6") in acrylic. I added the girl for extra interest.

28 comments:

Martha from ilove2paint said...

Nice design!

Lynn Cohen said...

I love this! Love the mood it creates! Makes me want to know what she's thinking!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic!Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Christine, I do love that you added the girl. It sets the mind to wondering what she's pondering. Gorgeous colour and a lovely painting. Cheerio and Happy PPF :D)

NatureFootstep said...

nicely done :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I think it was a great idea to add the girl.
I wonder what she may be thinking ...

Enjoy your Friday

All the best Jan

Mark said...

It's lovely. I think adding the girl did help a little too. Most people would find just a picture of a couch to be a little boring.

Linda Kunsman said...

Gorgeous deep red, and a lovely scene Christine. Happy PPF!

Silver in AZ said...

the mood on this IS great!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love it. The girl seems sad to me. But I still love it.

Anonymous said...

I like red. By the way, I mailed my 9 year old granddaughter your hand drawn card of penguins along with a $5 dollar bill. I told her the card was done by you, and I wanted her to have it, because she is a budding artist, herself.

DVArtist said...

I would love to have that couch in my house. Love it.

Anonymous said...

This is great. Have a wonderful weekend!

Christine said...

aww Gigi! So glad you kept the card for all that time

Susan said...

Your lady dressed in red is the perfect arrangement! Happy PPF

Gillena Cox said...

oh this is nice i luv the stress on solitude

Happy PPF

much love...

carol l mck said...

Another lovely drawing and the red pops! ~ thanks,

Wishing you a Happy and Peaceful weekend ~ ^_^

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

great art! I actually had a red couch a few years ago before I replaced it a black one. :)

Latane Barton said...

Very nice.

Lisabella Russo said...

It's beautiful! The color red that you painted with is gorgeous.

Adam said...

nice color

Faye said...

Great sofa. I think the girl adds a lot to the overall look. And red is the perfect color for February.

riitta k said...

You say so much with so little! Great and impressive.

SLScheibe said...

Wonderful! What a fabulous style.

Giggles said...

Fabulous!! Love the shadow under the couch too!! Excellent piece Christine...I love it. And who wouldn't love a red couch for reals.....lol

Hugs Giggles

Cindy D. said...

Very cool composition and great use of a limited palette!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is beautiful! My client was cancelled today, ice rain. I really meant to draw!