Friday, February 17, 2017

Paint Party Friday - Hoodie


This piece for Paint Party Friday is inspired by a hoodie I saw in a fashion magazine I was browsing while at the hairdresser the other day. It's done in my art journal in watercolour pencil (8 1/2" x 11"). I am also linking to Art Journal Journey's 'Fifty Shades of Red' theme.

It would have been my late mother's 79th birthday today, she died January 4th.

24 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovel piece Christine, I have a hoodie just like that one! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

carol l mck said...

Ah such sweet expression ~ love the hoodie ~ thanks,

Wishing you a happy day ~ ^_^

froebelsternchen said...

I am sorry for your loss Christine - send my heartfelt condolences.
A beautiful painting - lovely! Thank you very much for linking it to Art Journal Joureny this time!
This is much appreciated!
Happy weekend!
oxo Susi

Anonymous said...

I love that pink hoodie.

The Happy Whisk said...

Love the pink!

Lowcarb team member said...

... Mother's are forever in our hearts.

I do like this hoodie and what a great colour.

All the best Jan

Clare Lloyd said...

She is great

EVA said...

A lovely Red Riding Hood(ie)!

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Christine. I lost my Dad this time last year. (It's so hard...)

Big hugs!
EVA

Linda Kunsman said...

sorry for your loss Christine.
Great hoodie sketch. Thanks for making it red and linking to AJJ! Happy PPF too!

Lisabella Russo said...

I love your girl with the hoodie, she's so sweet and lovely! I am saddened for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Such a great piece!

Faye said...

This is a beautiful sketch of someone in a hoodie. I like the way the hood looks and drapes. So sorry about your mother. Anniversary dates are hard to get through. I'm sure you have some fond memories that will bring you comfort, probably mixed with tears.

Adam said...

Cute name with Fifty Shades of Red

Giggles said...

Great sketch love the hoodie!!

Hugs Giggles

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the unique perspective of this portrait. Blessings!

Sue (this n that) said...

Christine, I really like your hoodie girl. She has a lovely feeling to her.
Hugs as you feel your memories xx

NatureFootstep said...

I think I would like to have one of those :)

Susan said...

Such a sweet, curious face under the red hoodie. I like her. Love to you on the loss of your mother. Happy PPF

Serena Lewis said...

Lovely!

Serena Lewis said...

So sorry about your Mother's passing, Christine. April will mark two years since my Dad passed. Some days are still tough. :(

denthe said...

Well done with the hoodie! So sorry to hear about your mother....

Mark said...

That's a great picture. You did a good job with the face, which is something I know many people struggle with.

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I love your drawing, Christine. It is always hard to accept that someone is gone from your daily life forever. But their memories are with you forever.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this hooded lady! I know how difficult dealing with your Mum's birthday must have been - hope you are feeling better now! Chrisx