Wednesday, February 15, 2017

On Mental Health


I just noticed my coaster matches my coffee mug! It's a new mug I got for Christmas.

Son K mentioned to me the other day that one of his close friends made a post on Facebook for a mental health day he was supporting called Bell Lets Talk.  He was surprised when his friend  publicly admitted to having daily suicidal thoughts a couple of years ago. The young man was smart enough to talk to someone about it and feels fine now. He also thanked a friend for joking around and having fun with him during those times which really helped. Apparently K was that friend. I am proud of him for inadvertently helping out as he had no idea there was a problem. Mental health issues are silent and often go unnoticed.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your pretty mug and coaster. Glad your son was able to help someone. Hugs, Valerie

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Christine, yes your mug goes very prettily with the coaster.
I think it must be so much harder for men too - they often find it harder to open up to someone. You've a lovely son all right :D)

Lowcarb team member said...

Your mug and coaster looks lovely.

I'm pleased your son was able to help out.
It is so important to talk.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful about your son. I'm so happy he was able to help someone. My two daughters and their friends talk about mental health openly and easily. I have hope that the next generation will remove the stigma associated with mental health and more people will reach out for support and treatment.

Lisabella Russo said...

How pretty your mug and coaster fit together! I'm glad your son was there for his friend. We can't always know what is going on with people...

Adam said...

You're right about mental health

The Happy Whisk said...

Love the mug. And very cool about your son and his friend. I see more and more folks talking about their issues online these days.