Thursday, July 23, 2020

Rain’s Thursday Art Date - A Face on an Object


Rain’s Thursday Art Date’s theme is ‘A Face on an Object’.  I did a pencil sketch of a coin, an ACEO (2 1/2” x 3 1/2”).  Then I coloured it with watercolour pencils.
It is a rare 1959-D wreath penny worth $50,000, rare because it was produced in error. It is believed to be the only one of its kind.
Apparently these wreath pennies were only made up to 1958. After that they were produced with the Lincoln monument on the reverse side.


18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece Christine! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Karen said...

Terrific ATC ~ I had no idea that such a coin existed ~ WOW!

gigi-hawaii said...

Very well done. A bit of history, too, that I was unaware of.

Gillena Cox said...

Gorgeous. Happy Thursday Christine

Much😊😷😊love

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You painted that wonderfully !!! A little work of art!
Greetings Elke

Sandra Cox said...

Good job!

Martyna said...

Very interesting 😊

Tanza Erlambang said...

love the color combination.....look like real

peppylady (Dora) said...

Old Abe looks pretty good.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an absolutely amazing entry, Christine. I am not just impressed with your drawing skills, I learned something new tonight.

Adam said...

The famous penny

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow, $50,000! Who would have thought. Who owns this penny, do you know? A very nice rendering of this coin, Christine.

Andrea @ From the Sol

DVArtist said...

Wow wonderful piece of art.

Christine said...

no idea who owns this Andrea!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing this incredible information ...
Fantastic art, love how you've done this.

All the best Jan

NatureFootstep said...

Nice! This is one even I from Sweden recognize. :)

Rain said...

I was hoping you would say that you have it in a secure location lol! Nice retirement money there! Great piece Christine, and really original! :)

Ananka said...

Looks good :-D