This young man was walking his large dog by our house one morning, the dog was wearing a cone on its head. They stopped under our street side tree and the dog pooped large and they walked off. I indicated to my husband M and he ran after them and asked the man to pick up. The man said he didn't have a bag and would come back. M said he would get him one. Then I ran out and saw him down the road and asked him to stop. It looked like he was tying his dog to a post at this point. M gave him the bag and he scooped up. M was still angry and started berating the man but I thanked the guy and told M to calm down, it was not worth it. The man had at least picked up. I am pretty sure that dog pooped in our garden bed one year, by the size of his poop. It is so rude what people do. How is it ok to just let your animal do that and walk off as if nothing happened?
Later that evening my cousin was cycling by and pulled over for a socially distanced chat. I happened to be on my front lawn. We hadn't talked since last year so it was great to catch up with him. He mentioned they had recently tried to make reservations at a restaurant to celebrate his son's birthday but it was booked out.
Another good thing is that husband M finally mailed off his DNA saliva sample. He was gifted a test by daughter L last Christmas. His first attempt months back failed as he had trouble getting enough saliva. This sample should be fine. My cousin said his cousin had done his and there were a couple of surprise siblings who turned up on his profile. Apparently that cousin even met with them. My cousin didn't think there was any family resemblance but there you have it.
Later that evening my cousin was cycling by and pulled over for a socially distanced chat. I happened to be on my front lawn. We hadn't talked since last year so it was great to catch up with him. He mentioned they had recently tried to make reservations at a restaurant to celebrate his son's birthday but it was booked out.
Another good thing is that husband M finally mailed off his DNA saliva sample. He was gifted a test by daughter L last Christmas. His first attempt months back failed as he had trouble getting enough saliva. This sample should be fine. My cousin said his cousin had done his and there were a couple of surprise siblings who turned up on his profile. Apparently that cousin even met with them. My cousin didn't think there was any family resemblance but there you have it.
16 comments:
Christine, I'm so with you on this If you own a pet, then you should be responsible for it and it's actions. How rude.
We had Molly for 15 years, and I always took bags and picked up her droppings. It's just the right thing to do.
Some people are sooo inconsiderate it's shameful. Good you were able to calm your husband down. You were right, it wasn't worth it. Wishing you all the best, Stay Safe, my friend!
Oh wow, some pet owners are a mess, that's already known but this is kinda plain disgusting. ๐คท♂️ While I might not have had went to find them a bag, I would've made them do that as well. ๐๐ป
That's not good. Most people here clear the dog mess away, but some just keep walking, although they have to pay fines if they are caught. Have a great da, Valerie
Very interesting stories ๐
Well CRAP....that was not cool of that dude at all. PEOPLE...crazy. Awesome on the catch up with your cousin. I have been saying that I needed to do that DNA test and right now, I have not done it. I need to get on that.
It's ridiculous to leave dog poop anywhere.
We found a few skeletons in our closet while doing the DNA ancestry. ;)
thank you for sharing interesting stories
We see cat poop on our yard, front and back. What can we do? These are feral cats. Lol. Hope M's ancestry test goes well.
But that is also bad dog but do not want to clear away only good that you let it be done. I'm curious if he descends from your husband.
I wish you a nice weekend!
Greetings Elke
Very interesting post! Thanks for the information! ✔️✔️✔️ Have a great evening! ๐๐๐
Ugh on the man who walked away with his dog. A dreadful lack of respect and concern for others. Having had my share of stepping into dog poo over my 70 years, these things are my all time 'pet' peeve. We were pet owners for many years and always very careful about such things. A thoughtful DNA test gift from your daughter. Lovely to be able to chat with your cousin.
Thankfully most people here do pick up/clear their dogs mess.
All the best Jan
Years ago I took care of lady, she lived in apartment and the neighbors dog poop down hall. They never cleaned up. The neighbors did
My husband did Ancestry and it came out 100% Asian. That was it. Someone told me we should have done 23andMe or something like that because they do Asians better. However, at that point, we gave up. Would have been fun to see if he had Korean or Chinese or something.
And that guy with the poop. Pitiful! When we first moved into our neighborhood people would do that all winter. And then when the snow melted........Yuuuuck! The village finally asked everyone to pick up their mess and it improved. Thank goodness!
Uggg dog poop annoys me when I am out and about walking. I really think folk should scoop the poop. I guess at least he was willing to pick it, maybe the kinder approach from you will encouarge him to scoop in the future.
Post a Comment