The photo above says: 'I told my suitcases that there will be no vacation this year. Now I'm dealing with emotional baggage.'
So my friend came by on a hot, sunny day. She was dropping something off and we chatted outside socially distanced for a short while. I didn't notice her husband until he got out of the car. In truth I was surprised to see them together. They tend to do things separately. It turns out he had a bout of gout and she had to drive him to the doctor as it is his right leg and he cannot drive himself.
I was weeding and seem to have missed a spot in a garden bed as I mostly focus on the lawn. These weeds had been thriving for weeks and I saw insects buzzing around them in the heat. I decided to leave them be, for the good of the ecosystem.

16 comments:
I'm glad you left the weeds! Hugs, Valerie
Very interesting text in the photo :)
ha ha!
I think we should give up weeding for the good of our natural world, love it. Thanks for the chuckle today Christine. I am taking your advice ;) I do hope your friend's husband has a quick recovery from his gout. I understand it can be very painful.
It's not only for the ecosystem. It's primarily for us, people.
Weeding, and gardening in general, is hard work. We have to make ourselves the priority. We come first. Next the garden and the critters, if there's still some energy left (depends on age).
Hey, maybe I have gout, too. My right leg hurts, and I cannot drive either.
good thing you left the weeds for the insects.
This is painful gout in the leg, hopefully it gets better and then he can drive again the friend!
Greetings Elke
I think your Meme holds true for a lot of folks. Shutdown is hard on everyone. Our Gov just CA down again for the 4th time. I just give my emotional baggage to the Lord!! He tells us to cast our burdens on Him. Have a great Day!
Wow, sad to me that they normally do things on their own.
I was outside on the porch reading and a lady who lives near drove by and parked outside our lawn and started to get out of her van and come to my porch.
I told her “NO! Stay where you are there's a virus going around.”
Aside from that, she's a spitter when talks. Anyway, in one breath she told me she can't believe how fast the virus is spreading and in her next breath, the told me how she just had friends over for dinner.
She kept talking and talking in front or van, even after I said I have to go inside now. She wasn’t listening so, while I'm not big on being rude, I got up and went inside. She was still talking and I just cannot wrap my head around how many people are having dinner guests, bbqs and going to beaches.
I find this frustrating.
As for the weeds … did you ever consider raised beds? Not sure if that’s for you or not but they’re quite nice.
Ivy I feel your pain. It is crazy what's going on in the States, one of my sisters is in Florida and the numbers are so scary.
No raised beds for me, those still get weeds don't they?
I think vacation and traveling going to be down.
My suitcases are so confused!!
Gout can be very painful from what I'm told.
I so love our weeds. We've had porcupines in our clover on the lawn, too! It's been fun.
Raised beds or raised up all the way, I find is harder for weeds. Not just US, sadly, Canada has their share of idiot people out as do other countries. But the states get the most coverage. But selfish, careless people, are EVERYWHERE, doing just as dumb things. But again, not getting as much play on air. As usual.
Yup holidays seem to be off this year!
Yes our suitcases should have been used in May, and we are not too sure when they will next be used. We are certainly not rushing to get away at the moment, making the most of places nearby.
Stay safe and well and continue to take care.
My good wishes.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment