Sunday, July 12, 2020

My mother's mac and cheese recipe



One of my sisters unearthed my mother's old mac and cheese recipe. It inspired me to make the one above. Hers is different in that she topped hers with tomato slices and breadcrumbs. The challenge for me is to always make a good cheese sauce, it takes patience and stirring for many minutes.

23 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

the famous cheese sauce, however, is hearty and certainly tastes delicious
nice sunday, greetings elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks good! Hugs, Valerie

Martyna said...

It look delicious 😊

Hot guys said...

Looks pretty much dee-lish to me, Christine! 🔥👌🏻

JFM said...

Looks and sounds delicious.
I love comfort food 🌷☕

DeniseinVA said...

It looks delicious. I love mac and cheese :)

Sandy said...

Yum! Yum! That looks so good!
Sandy xx

Natalia said...

Such a comfort food, yum!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I've never heard of tomato slices on Mac N Cheese, but I'm on board with that!

Rain said...

That looks so delicious and I'm sure it's worth the stirring!

Lorraine said...

Looks delicious. I love toasted breadcrumbs on top of mac and cheese!

gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com said...

Looks absolutely delicious Christine !

gigi-hawaii said...

I never made a mac and cheese from scratch. Always used a box mix.

Hilly Nicolay said...

I never made it myself, but it looks good.

Pam said...

WOw....looks great. Never had maters with mine.

Sakuranko said...

Oh so delicious recipe
Great post
xx

Tanza Erlambang said...

love cheese...yummy

sandy said...

looks so good. We have made some and put pepperoni in it (thanks to Costco's idea).

which reminds me I need to have a wedge salad soon - hmmm don't know why that came u right now.

Kathy G said...

That looks wonderful!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I love home made mac and cheese, it been ages since I made it and like little green peppers in it.

Ananka said...

Looks good. If only I could :-D

carol l mck said...

Yummy looking and always great comfort food ~ ^_^

Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

It looks good ...
Youngest grand-daughter loves mac and cheese!

All the best Jan