Husband M and I went for a late lunch at a favourite Japanese restaurant. Waiting for the host to receive us, they pointed to the machine in the photo above and told us to enter our information into the machine. It did give us a number and let us know how many people were ahead of us. So now there is no need for a human host per say. Although someone did come to lead us to our table. It is standard here to enter your order into an ipad. If you take too long, (or perhaps look older), someone comes to ask if you need assistance.
I am quite lazy and prefer to speak to a person. Oh well.
24 comments:
Hi Christine this happened to me and my friends when we went to a Japanese restaurant too ,the pad was a bit confusing at first to use but then we got the hang of it xx
Sounds rather confusing. We only have a tiny Japanese restaurant here, but they come and take orders. Have a nice day, Valerie
i love sushi but i order it very rare because of the price... Follow;) hope U follow back:)
I would not like to be served by a human!
greetings Elke
We don't take our iPad to a restaurant. Yes, give me a human waiter please.
I prefer a person, as well. This is a ridiculous technology!!!
The two of us were shopping in the drug store, after our flu shots, and I herded hubby away from the self-serve.
Oh gosh. I don't like all of this automation!
You're not lazy... Enter an order into an iPad? I think it's more about the restaurant saving money than providing a positive dining atmosphere for customers:(
everywhere automatic machine now....
I am not ready ...actually
I think it's kind of crazy....we need more human interaction and not less. Well, unless we're discussing my lunatic neighbor :)
Interesting solution☺
I know things are changing from banks to restaurants and beyond!
But please give me a person every time!
All the best Jan
Gosh! Restaurant service about the same with drive thru.
I prefer to speak to a person as well for signing in at a restaurant. I don't think it's lazy, I think we just have different preferences. Loved your pumpkin and honey cartoon too.
We have been to a couple of places like that and yes, I would rather speak to a person.
Robots are next.
Definitely would prefer the human touch.
Did you have any other interaction through the meal? I've recently enjoyed some sushi but needed guidance xx
We have restaurants where we order on a device but not what you are talking about yet, that i've seen anyway.
The human touch is always nicer in a restaurant.
I have seen them but haven't never use one.
Coffee is on
Not much interaction, unless you have a question, the waiter will answer. We are quite familiar with this restaurant though.
Gee... I haven't seen this in Hawaii... yet.
I'm sure it's coming.
If I'm doing fast food, I'm okay with a pc but if I'm eating at a nice place where a tip is expected, no. Just no.
a machine host can more fast and attentive i guess though less well coming :)
Post a Comment