Saturday, November 9, 2019

Ham Bone Soup

baked ham with apple cider glaze, spaghetti squash, potato salad, cranberry sauce, sugar snap peas, salad

ham bone soup



I made a special meal on Halloween inspired by this ham I had bought on clearance just after Canadian Thanksgiving. It was a fully cooked 9 pound ham, butt end with the bone in. I decided to bake it with an apple cider glaze. Daughter L and her boyfriend came over, she had decorated the windows nicely and the pumpkin was on display at the front door. The candy was ready to be distributed.

The next day husband M and I looked forward to making this ham bone soup with the large leftover bone. We were more excited about this than the actual cutting of the ham! I found this recipe. I used parsnips, sweet potatoes and less potatoes and no corn to cut down on the carbs. It took 6 hours in the slow cooker. The soup was delicious!

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks so good, I just got up and now I need some food! Valerie

Pam said...

Oh my...those meals look great! Now I am hungry and its 4:30 in the morn. HAHA

Pink Rose said...

Hi Christine you make the yummiest of food,it all looks so tasty xx

Gloria Baker said...

looks delicious !!!

gigihawaii said...

Sounds and looks great! I have not had ham in a long time.

Chris Lally said...

These look delicious and appears you got a lot of bang for the buck! Thanks for the link:) Why a I hungry?

Adam said...

Sounds nice

Lorraine said...

It surely looks delicious.

Sakuranko said...

Oh so yummy darling
xx

Kay said...

That looks wonderful. I still haven't done anything much with the slow cooker. One... of these days...

Tanza Erlambang said...

love soup, especially during colder temperature....yummy

Elkes Lebensglück said...

it looks delicious!!!
greetings Elke

Anonymous said...

Looks really good.

Jennifer Rose said...

that looks really good :)

baili said...

looks great :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Yum! This does look very tasty.

All the best Jan