Wednesday, November 6, 2019

On labrador retrievers



Recently I heard that Labrador retrievers tend to be more obese than other dogs. It seems a third of them have a faulty POMC gene that is missing some DNA.    It makes them more food motivated. This gene is also present in humans.  It is food for thought, pun intended.

16 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Christine,hmm very interesting,love your pun xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Great pun, and I do see fat labradors quite a lot around here. Lovely photo, too. Hugs, Valerie

Evi Erlinda said...

Very inspiring!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Yes, they are tend to obese now days…

Great photo

gigihawaii said...

Yeah food for thought. I must be like a Labrador retriever judging from my weight.

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh they must cost a lot to be kept fed ;D)
Beaut photo

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Nice photo

Wanda said...

They love to retrieve food...haha no pun intended.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea. That is quite interesting.

Adam said...

Great leaf

Chris Lally said...

The faulty gene loads the gun; the owner pulls the trigger...
My lab stalks me when I'm in the kitchen. He's so old he can barely see or hear, but he still has that stellar sense of smell:)

baili said...

interesting news indeed Christine
i liked the capture so much
lovely leaf :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow. I had no idea!!

sandy said...

pretty image! food for thought, lol..

Lowcarb team member said...

I didn't know that!
Lovely photograph.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

thats part of it, but they are also big time food beggars and act like they are always starving lol they have got the starving look down to perfection lol