Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Smiles - Bat

Welcome to Gillena's Sunday Smiles and to Nicole's SITAR.  I am sharing a bat meme with you and my bat ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") in watercolour pencil.










17 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Bats truly are a blessing, Christine. Great info and drawing!

My name is Erika. said...

Bats are amazing. I like your drawing Christine. Sadly we have a fungus that has killed off so many of our bats. I've only seen 1 all summer.

Kathylorraine said...

Love you little painting-my blog list is still not updating with current posts-

DVArtist said...

I love bats. They truly are an essential part of our ecosystem. Your drawing is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with SITAR.

Tom said...

...I understand that bats are beneficial, but they spook me.

Kay said...

Yay for bats! I’ve heard that Hawaii is supposed to have bats. I have never, ever seen one though.

peppylady (Dora) said...

We have an bat house.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad bats do good because they totally freak me out!

roentare said...

Thanks for the info. I thought they were considered as pests

Lowcarb team member said...

Not everyone likes bats but they do good.

All the best Jan

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda pintura. Te mando un beso.

DeniseinVA said...

Very cool! I read they were excellent for the ecology. We used to have them flying around our house at night. I would sit outside and try to see them, and it was always late at night by moonlight. They slowly disappeared over the years. I wish I lived with further space between my neighbors, otherwise I would be tempted to put up a bat house. I like your artwork Christine and thanks for this info.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles

Much love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I lived in Missouri, my next door neighbors had bats living in their attic. They came out every night after dark. LOVE your drawing.

EricaSta said...

It's going on for bats, near Halloween 🎃
Greatful painting.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Awesome art!

Barbara said...

I love that. I would have a bat house If I lived out in the country.