Goodbye August and Hello September!
I took this photo a few weeks ago in mid-August (sigh). Grandson C was visiting and they were drying out this top. Daughter L heard that hanging a stained item out in the sun gets rid of the stain. I don't think that's what they were doing this time, but I thought that was interesting.

16 comments:
I can see why that might help.
The next time I get a stain, I'll test the theory.
Have a nice day!
...wishing you a Spectacular September.
Hi Christine! I’m in Illinois right now visiting my daughter and son-in-law. It’s nice to take a break from caregiving. Uuuummm…. We always hang our clothes out in Hawaii, but I haven’t seen stains disappear in the sun.
Happy September, Christine!
Yes September is here
Today i am
HERE
Much love
I'm thinking the sun just bleaches the whole thing...but I don't really know. It makes an interesting photo. Happy new month to you Christine. I hope it will be a good one.
Really? That is interesting. Love to hear if it works.
I just don't want to see August go. Onward.
I have not heard of that. We have very little sun here so I don't think it will work. LOL
I've never heard that before. Happy September.
Pros and Cons about how sunlight can fade stains!
https://cleangearguide.com/how-sunlight-exposure-can-fade-stains-but-also-degrade-fabric-integrity-over-time/
Pretty flowers in your picture.
Have a happy new month of September and may your eye continue to heal.
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan, so it is true!
I never heard of that before but it makes sense thinking about it. The natural rays of the sun might act like a kind of bleach? Just guessing here. I do remember how much I enjoyed the sheets on the line and loving the smell of them after being dried by the sun. I also like your pretty flowers.
I've never heard of this stain theory before. I bet you sure enjoyed his visit.
Post a Comment