Thursday, September 10, 2026

Roasted Trumpet Squash

 

trumpet squash and a bag of garlic chives



I roasted the trumpet squash I received recently.  It was a young squash, quite tender and easy to cut.  The skin hardens and takes on a tan colour as it gets older.  Then you may have to cut the skin off.  I sliced it up and roasted it. The seeds were soft so I removed them and roasted them too. It tasted like zucchini.

1 trumpet squash

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

4 tbs olive oil

a handful of grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400F

Mix all ingredients, bake cut side down on a sheet lined with parchment paper 25-30 min.

13 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You made a great recipe with that pumpkin.

Angie's Recipes said...

So it's a kind of summer squash?

Tom said...

...something new for me.

Anonymous said...

Angie is can be left to mature and it turns into a more tan colour and the skin gets harder. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yum.
rkrsrue.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I would like to find some of this squash. Looks so good.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks and sounds good Christine.

All the best Jan

peppylady (Dora) said...

I wonder what other cheese would worked.

J.P. Alexander said...

Genial. Te mando un beso.

Kelly Steel said...

You made yummy pumpkin!

Romance Book Haven said...

This is new to me recipe but I will definitely try it.

Christine said...

Dora you can use any cheese or none

CheerfulMonk said...

You do get some neat stuff from your neighbors!