Saturday, September 12, 2026

Romaine Lettuce Stir Fry

 

I had some romaine lettuce that had to be used it had been sitting in the fridge for over a week.  I decided to stir fry the 2 large bunches.  It is good and it will last longer now. I dislike wasting food, it encourages me to be creative in using up leftovers.


14 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I've never eaten it like that before!

My name is Erika. said...

I hate wasting food too. I've never heard of stir fried lettuce, but that's a good idea.

Angie's Recipes said...

Great with lots of garlic!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

How creative, Christine!

Yeliz'in Keşifleri said...

yummy

DeniseinVA said...

I don't like wasting food either Christine, this is a great way of not doing that. I bet that's tasty!

Lisabella Russo said...

Good idea! I don't like wasting food either.

LoveT. said...


Good idea. I always use up leftovers, too.

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a great idea.

Jeanie said...

I've never stir fried lettuce -- that's a great idea.

DVArtist said...

Great idea and it looks good. I too am not a food waster. I will find something to do with what I have before it goes bad.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

yummy.

Tom said...

...waste not, want not!

Lowcarb team member said...

Good idea and as Tom said - waste not, want not!

All the best Jan