Monday, September 14, 2026

Cutleaf Coneflower

 

This Cutleaf coneflower (thanks Google Lens) always does well in the garden.  It needs no care and survives dry weather. It started from one or 2 plants and spreads itself around.  My friend S said hers spread over the fence to her neighbour's garden.  She got rid of hers to make space for more tomato plants.

I took this photo on August 28th when the evenings were starting to have a chill in the air.

20 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Quite pretty!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful flower!!!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Beautiful, Christine!

Tom said...

...a beautiful sight.

Jeanie said...

This is a pretty one. That would do well in my climate too.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Beautiful colors.

Lucimar da Silva Moreira said...

É uma linda planta pra ter no jardim, Christine ótima semana bjs.

Barbara said...

What a pretty plant. It looks like it’s thriving.

Kathylorraine said...

Beautiful

Sandra Cox said...

I love spreading perennials:)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Nice yellow flowers

CheerfulMonk said...

Beautiful flowers, and hurray for fall weather!

gigi-hawaii said...

Green and yellow. Beautiful color combination!

LoveT. said...

The yellow flowers are pretty

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the yellow flowers ...

All the best Jan

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda planta. Te mando un beso.

DVArtist said...

This is so pretty, Christine.

Wanda said...

Very lovely, like a yellow daisy.

My name is Erika. said...

That looks like a pretty plant and I think I'm going to write down the name because I'd love to try this in my garden too.

DeniseinVA said...

I'll have to remember this one. Looks very pretty!