This bittersweet shrub (thanks Google Lens!) showed up in my backyard, spreading over from the neighbour's yard. Husband M brushed by it and got a rash the other day. I immediately cut it away, it had spread to quite a few places, quite invasive.
I don't know it. I get a bad reaction to nettles and such and have to put cream on them right away. Sometimes when I am taking insect photos I brush up against one and always have cream with me on my walks just incase.
20 comments:
I would try to spray insecticide as soon as I spot it
It has lovely red-orange berries, I discovered. The rash doesn't sound good, though.
In this case... glad we have but a small balcony...
thanks, have a nice weekend
Scary weed. Thanks for the info. Happy Saturday!
I'll have to watch out for this one..Thanks for the report!
A rash? Ouch! Glad that you got rid of it, Christine. Blessings!
Thanks for the information. Hugs.
I didn't know bittersweet could give people rashes or that it was that invasive. Happy Saturday-I hope your husband's rash is better.
good that you got rid of him and get well soon, your husband!
Great blog
Great blog
Oh dear, you don't need plants that don't like you!!!
I hope your husband feels better! I hadn't been aware of that plant...
A nice name..
I don't know it. I get a bad reaction to nettles and such and have to put cream on them right away. Sometimes when I am taking insect photos I brush up against one and always have cream with me on my walks just incase.
Oh dear! The rash doesn't sound good!
All the best Jan
sounds awful
Good luck on getting rid of it!
We have garlic mustard in the woods. Same, invasive and also, tasty!
Post a Comment