I plucked my first cherry tomato from the garden July 12 2025, I beat the squirrels! I have been using Miracle Gro powder fertilizer. The plants had started drooping so I was considering getting trellises.
In an update I did get some trellises from the dollar store and it was a good idea. The plants are much happier. I have had 3 more tomatoes from this plant since then. There are 2 san marzano plants doing well, a pear tomato plant and another cherry tomato plant.
I ran into an old friend from the gym, an older lady who lives on her own. She told me she slipped on ice in her yard this February and broke her arm. It took 4 months to heal. Life can suck.

23 comments:
Great, the first tomato and you were successful, so always be careful no matter what, old bones heal worse!
Thank you!
It looks very flavoursome
It's good that your tomato plants are rewarding you.
Broken bones can take longer to mend than many people realise. I hope your friend has had physiotherapy.
Christine que legal o seu primeiro tomate, lamento pela sua amiga, quedas são perigosos, Christine boa semana bjs.
Oh, the ups and down of age and summer..and those pesky squirrels! Or 60-mile winds that we had last night that dropped many of our tomatoes. Awesome to see you are getting something wonderful from your garden.
awesome the chipmunks and squirrels love my little tomatoes too
What a cute tomato.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Move to Hawaii. No ice here!
Using trellises on your tomato plants is always a good thing.
Sorry about your friend; it can be tough to be a human.
So with great care and attention you get tomatoes. Success!!!
Good for you beating the squirrels to get your tomatoes, Christine. Yes, bones are difficult to heal the older you get.
Hope you get a good tomato harvest
Life can suck at times. I hope you beat the squirrels to more tomatoes.
Looks like a good tomato. I like those ones :-D
The older we get, the longer we take to heal.
Pleased your tomato plants are bringing fruit.
Sorry to read about your friend ... it is often the case the older we get the longer it may take to heal.
All the best Jan
Hurray for your tomato!
Yay for beating the squirrels. Sorry to hear about your friend:(
I like the little yellow cherry tomatoes
Lindo tomate. te mando un beso.
Congrats on the tomatoes. And I hope there is many more.
4-month sounds reasonable if the bone really healed...hope that you enjoy the harvest!
Glad you got your tomatoes before the squirrels did. And yes, healing definitely takes more patience as the years go by.
Post a Comment