Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Robot Cleaner


 I snapped this photo in Walmart the other day, it was a robot cleaner sweeping the floors.  There goes some other jobs.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

our wal mart has this robot too-I still refuse to self check out no matter how busy the store might be-takes away someone's job

Valerie-Jael said...

Sad but true! Hugs, Valerie

roentare said...

Automation is taking over the world

ellie said...

I bet they will need someone who knows how fix those things. Yes, it looks like MacDonalds is trying to go on autopilot too.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, it's amazing they have an aisle big enough for this operation.

Ivy's Closet said...

These days I don't go there unless I really have to.

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't that ridiculous!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Big device!

Pam said...

I have seen that thing at my Walmart. Guess having something that big is a must in the store.

baili said...

my eldest son mentioned he had a small round home cleaner which sounds as amazing as this one wow

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The problem is, NO one wants to be hired to sweep floors. Better to save it for a person who can change light bulbs, replace toilet paper, and clean the toilets. I doubt no automaton can do those things.

DeniseinVA said...

That's amazing, and we have only reached the tip of the iceberg.

Adam said...

I've shopped at Wal-Marts without self checkouts

They don't hire more cashiers. Line goes to the back of the store

Adam said...

First I've seen one

Martha Jane Orlando said...

It's sad to see automation taking over everywhere. On the other hand, I'd love one of those robotic vacuums for our house - lol!
Blessings, Christine!

Lowcarb team member said...

I have seen small robots which vacuum but not ones as large as this!

All the best Jan

Wanda said...

The other day at Walmart I was told I could use the "self check out". I replied, I'm sorry, I don't work here! HaHa. How things have changed. Does anyone remember what a "Service Station" was. They actually pumped your gas, checked your oil and tires and washed your windshield. Now that was "service." haha No one every paid me for checking myself out...haha. But I still do it.

J.P. Alexander said...

Uy que lindo te mando un beso.

DUTA said...

We get used to all kinds of inventions, whether we like it or not.

Lorraine said...

We're getting closer and closer to the Jetson's every day.

Tanza Erlambang said...

great for technology sakes, but they overtake human jobs

Anonymous said...

This is the future!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow. that is amazing.