I had a follow up doctor last week. So my bone density test revealed I am borderline for osteoporosis, he will retest me in a year. It could be age related. He told me to take 2000 iu vitamin D daily and to drink lots of milk. He advises against drinking coke soft drinks, unsure how that relates to cholesterol but it can't hurt for me to stop I guess. As far as blood test results it seems my cholesterol is a bit high. I never had a problem with that before. Maybe I can eat less shrimp and shellfish, I am thinking. Red meat is another culprit.
27 comments:
Sorry, Christine. Did your doctor also check for Paget's Disease of the bone. I have a family member just diagnosed with that recently.
I can see myself in this. Your post made me take note. Have a great day Christine :)
RED MEAT is not the problem. The problem is the carbs, esp. the combo of carbs and fat! My total cholesterol is high, but my HDL super high (135), but my Tri. is just 54..really low. My fasting insulin is only 1.73..You need cholesterol to function. I eat at least 500 grams of meat DAILY! Had 500 gs of pork belly and 5 eggs today :-) YUMMY! Tomorrow lamb neck and salmon :-))
Don't forget the yogurt. Greek yogurt has at least helped me sleep. I am glad you are getting tested, and updates on your health. Unfortunately, the older I get I become lactose intolerant but there are pills for that too. All the best on your health.
Think positive of all the good things you are doing for yourself too. It's good to be aware of so many things. Yet, I don't get to drink as much coffee as I used to. Yet, I don't know how I would get my morning started without a little coffee. I don't drink as much soda pop as I used to either. All the best to your wellness.
I'm glad you got tested. All the best to a new year. And good health!
Growing older isn't for sissies!
In addition to your doctor's recommendations for calcium you might want to also look into non-dairy sources to add.
Sometimes I wonder if we are better off for knowing these things or not. Of course, it doesn't hurt to make some changes.
There's a delicate balance to make it all work out; bones and cholesterol.
I try to avoid red meat and anything processed for my cholesterol; also cheese which I love.
Good luck
Hope your next tests will be better, look after yourself! Hugs, Valerie
Okay. I hate to rain on your party. If there's no joy in aging you're in big trouble. Aging is going to happen whether we like it or not.
Sorry to hear about that
Growing older can present different challenges to our health.
At least you have been tested and both you and your Doctor are aware.
Our NHS has some information about Osteoporosis you may find of interest, here is the link
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/osteoporosis/
Take care and look after yourself.
All the best Jan
Dang. I'm sorry to hear this Christine. Besides, Vit D, my Doc recommended Vit K.
You are right Red positive thinking! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
He never mentioned Paget's but thanks Ivy. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Tambien te puede ayudar la linaza y el ajo eso ayuda a la presión. Espero que te mejores.
Thanks Sandra -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Thanks for the link Jan
good advises from your doctor
I have a bunch of health issues myself. Getting older is never fun and sure seems to come with lots of doctor visits.
Christina, I happened to go through your blog by chance and I found out that you have problems with cholesterol, that's why I leave you an entry on the subject on my blog.
https://siempreseraprimavera.blogspot.com/2012/03/que-debemos-saber-sobre-el-colesterol.html
It's always best to know so you can adjust your diet and stress levels accordingly. Genetics could play a role, too.
For sure genetics plays a big role we have heart disease in the family
I'm sorry to hear all that, Christine. I hope diet changes help. Getting older is really not fun!
If it's not one thing it's another.
Sigh... I'm sorry Christine that you've joined the club. I have both those problems. What? No Coke? Really? Darn!
Post a Comment