Sunday, December 11, 2022

Roasted Leg of Lamb


 I got this leg of lamb roast on sale.  I set about roasting it as follows:

3 1/2 -4 lb leg of lamb

5 cloves of garlic

2 tbs lemon juice

1-2 tsp dried rosemary

1 tbs Dijon Mustard

2 tbs olive oil

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper


Preheat oven 375F

I opened up my roast and cut it into a slab a couple of inches thick.  Lay it flat on a baking dish lined with foil and then parchment paper.

Marinate roast with all the ingredients  Bake until the internal temperature is 135-140F.  It took me 55 minutes.  Rest and slice into 1/4" thick slices.

As a guide, I used this link.

I was happy with the results.

26 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Yummy recipe Christine.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't care for lamb even before I became a vegetarian. I'm delighted it turned out well for you.

roentare said...

It looks tender on the photo

Valerie-Jael said...

Your lamb roast looks fabulous, I am sure I can smell it baking, yummy! Happy Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

One of my favourite meals!

ellie said...

I have never roasted lamb. We have made it in stew.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Looks amazing!

Tammie Lee said...

Such an interesting way to cook it, to cut it up first.
Makes the cooking so much shorter. Sounds like you liked the marinade.

ashok said...

My fav!

Hilly Nicolay said...

I've never eaten lamb.
Looking good Christine.

Mary Kirkland said...

I've had lamb before but I don't care for it.

Anonymous said...

My husband would enjoy this. I'm not a big fan of lamb.

Anonymous said...

I have not roasted a lamb in many years now-it is usually so expensive-yours looks delicious

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like lamb.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Anonymous said...

Hope you've had an excellent weekend.
Sandra

Tanza Erlambang said...

tasteful....
love to try it

Klaudia Zuberska said...

Look great! :)
Kisses from Poland!

Hena Tayeb said...

mmm this look delectable!

The Velvet Runway said...

This looks so delicious
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

BootsandBraids said...

Oh NO! Poor Bambi.

Ananka said...

My partner would love this :-D

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Cooking!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Looks delicious.

Lorraine said...

I haven't had lamb in ages - not since I lived with my parents I think.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your lamb roast looks fabulous :)

all the best Jan