Thursday, December 1, 2022

My December 2022 Art Calendar Page and Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date


Here is My December 2022 Art Calendar Page.  The quote I chose was:

Chill December brings the sleet,
Blazing fire, and Christmas treat. - Sara Coleridge

And welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date, the theme is 'Bells. Here is my 'Bells' ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2").  Yes, it is that time of year!


For the Dinner Date, I am showing my jalapeno poppers.  My friend had made them this summer and I decided to try them myself.

Here is my recipe:

12 jalapenos (3-4" long)
1 8oz cream cheese block softened
1 c cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
2-3 slices of cooked bacon minced
1 tsp dried oregano

preheat oven 400F

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out seeds and ribs. In a bowl mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder, oregano and bacon.  Fill each jalapeno half with the mix.  Bake 20-25 mins.  Serve warm to get the full sense of the heat.

34 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Love the artwork both calendar and easel. That looks like a great recipe too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

IU love Santa's workshop on your calendar page, It is wonderful.
And those bells are well done, Thanks for the great art.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely art.

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

I liek your painting, it looks so cosy. But there's something amiss with your blog. It is "stuttering" like repeating the forst letters, or lettersform somewhere else in the beginnig of every line, and the Jalappeño poppers have gone missing. I like to try them out.

roentare said...

The bell looks great and enjoy the dinner date!

ellie said...

Happy December! Love the art! Great recipe too!

Ivy's Closet said...

Wonderful December 1st post!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such a great Christmas painting! Happy December!

Better Left Unsaid said...

Awesome! Thanks for the December welcome! Hope you have a great new month!

DVArtist said...

Nice bells. Happy December.

Martyna said...

great post :) Have a nice day :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful calendar and love the bells! Hugs, Valerie

Lorraine said...

I love your calendar. That is such a great way to share your art. And your bells are beautiful.

Gillena Cox said...

Your bells give a Christmas-y ring to the post. Nice December calendar.

Much💜love

R's Rue said...

So pretty. I love it.

Sandra Cox said...

Love the calendar. Great job on the bells.

lissa said...

Your calender art is lovely. Looking at your bell art makes me think perhaps I should try to create small artworks like you. Your art is definitely getting better.

Have a lovely day.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your calendar page.
The bells are brilliant.
The food tasty.

Great post.

All the best Jan

PS Happy December wishes.

Ananka said...

Love the calendar and art :-D Happy December :-D

The Happy Whisk said...

The bells are very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Happy December, Christine!

My name is Erika. said...

Great calendar Christine. And your bells are nice too. Happy new month.

J.P. Alexander said...

Bello calendario. Te mando un beso.

Adam said...

Nice bell art 🔔🎨

Anonymous said...

Loving your artwork, I have not made those poppers in a very long time-one of husband's favorites-I should make him some
Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

You bells look great and, my this recipe sounds great, too!
Our stupid oven takes forever to warm up, though... I´ll keep it in mind for the next baking galore.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your calendar page is awesome and your bells are beautiful ... homerun today, Christine :) I generally don't eat Jalapenos as they are a bit too hot for me, but this recipe sounds wonderful. Does baking them cut down on the spiciness? Great post today, Christine ... stay Warm, if that's even possible:( We are already below freezing here.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Christine said...

Andrea jalapenos can be very hot but removing the seeds seems to help.

Carola Bartz said...

The calendar page looks lovely and so do your bells.

EricaSta said...

I`m deeply involved with Christmas preparations ... Reading some Posts give a welcome diversion. Thank you for sharing.

Have a wonderful weekend.

carol l mck said...

Wonderful holiday bells creation ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tanza Erlambang said...

welcome December......
pretty Calendar.

Rain said...

I love the idea of poppers, but I can't handle the heat!! ☺ Your bells are beautifully festive and I love your calendar page! Love how you did your tree! ☺

Rain said...

I love the idea of poppers, but I can't handle the heat!! ☺ Your bells are beautifully festive and I love your calendar page! Love how you did your tree! ☺