I have been getting so many spam comments this past month, thankful to have comment moderation turned on.
Our community mailbox was frozen shut for 3 days. There was a lot of rain then it snowed Dec 23rd. I tried spraying some homemade lock de-icer then I realized the lock was fine. The key turned fine but the box wouldn't open. Spraying all around the box did not seem to help. Fortunately all was fine when we tried again Dec 26th.
Homemade lock deicer if you care involves mixing 2 parts Isopropyl alcohol and 1 part water.
Scientists at the University of Waterloo have determined the optimal design for a splash-free urinal: a tall, slender porcelain structure with curves reminiscent of a nautilus shell, playfully dubbed the "Nauti-loo."
An article similar to this recently made the front pages of The Toronto Star. Apparently 30 degrees is the optimal angle. Can you spot the urinal design with the optimal splash-reducing angle? It's the one second from right.

21 comments:
I never thought to study urinals! Hugs!
Thanks for the laugh this morning with the urinals! Reminds me of the funny segments in the HIGH KICK K-drama series about men in the restroom.
That is terrible about the frozen mail boxes. Here's to a fantastic new year!
Oh, I would be pretty upset about that frozen mailbox. Yes, I've had some strange spam as of late too. Thanks for this fun last-of-the-year post!
Oh, that last one on the far right ..does look like trouble!
All the best on a new year! Wishing you well on this last day. All the best to your creativity in food, art and your adventures with family and friends! Peace, every day❤️
Funky urinals for sure
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
HaHa A great way to start the year....learning about the designs of urinals.
I went to a womens conference years ago and since there were so many women they opened up the men's restrooms and put boquet of flowers in the urinals. HaHa
We don't celebrate New Years ~~~we just enjoy being home in a warm house. I'm glad we don't have Molly, as the fire works just drove her crazy.
Happy New Year, and thanks for being such a faithful blog friend.
The one from the far left?
Happy New Year, hug Elke
Happy New Year, Christine!
Roentare it is the 2nd from the right.
Happy and Healthy New Year wishes.
All the best Jan
Those loos have been given a lot of thought! Thanks for the recipe for the deicer. Glad you got your mail eventually. Our garage door never works when it gets too cold. We will spend the evening quietly and celebrate 2023 with a tot of sherry, that is if we stay awake long enough :) Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours Christine.
Gracias por el consejo. Pasaba a desearte un feliz año lleno de prosperidad para ti y para tu familia. Te mando un beso.
I recall term Spam was canned meat. My parents liked. But, me not so much.
Coffee is on and stay safe
great urinal design
They made the urinals look like a piece of art!! Crazy about your frozen mailbox.
There's no end to interesting studies!
Gee... I thought it was going to be the one on the extreme right.
I got a ton of spam too. Unfortunately, I have to keep checking because legitimate blogger comments sometime land there.
Glad your mailbox opened eventually
Yes me either got record spam comments this month
Post a Comment