Thursday, December 22, 2022

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date - A Christmas Scene and a Kale Salad

Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date.

 The art theme is 'A Christmas Scene'. Here is my ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2").




 For the Dinner date, I am sharing my kale salad.


 Back in the summer my friend S had dropped off some fresh kale from her sister's farm along with some of S's garden tomatoes.  I chopped the kale leaves into small bits along with celery, carrots, red pepper and the cherry tomatoes.  I made a dressing of olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano leaves, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and lemon juice.  It was so refreshing and good.

34 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

A beautiful X'mas scene!

roentare said...

I love that painting you did. What a simple yet effective night scene with snow

Anonymous said...

Good morning, loving your painting and your salad looks delicious-perfect for Christmas too

Ananka said...

Lovely art and tasty salad :-D

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely, both!

The Happy Whisk said...

I LOVE kale. Works great in the pressure cooker too. So good in salads like yours. Love the starry art you did. Happy Christmas.

Ivy's Closet said...

Looks like an amazing salad! Such a great post! Hope you guys are well. Having to hunker down with this blast of winter mix of wind and chills today. No work even!

Better Left Unsaid said...

Awesome post! Hope you guys are doing well there with the artic blast. All the best to the Christmas season!

ashok said...

Beautiful art !

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Beautiful art.

Pam said...

Salad look great but I am not a fan of Kale. You art looks nice.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Love your Christmas painting!

Gillena Cox said...

Gorgeous Christmas scene; Christine

much❤love

Carola Bartz said...

Your Christmas scene is beautiful and very peaceful - perfect. I hope your Christmas (if you celebrate) will be just like that.

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas scene is beautiful! And such a nice salad.

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice art and good food, what more can oe want? Hugs, Valerie

Las Locuras de Ahyde said...

Hola! un cuadro precioso. Felices Fiestas. Besos

Hilly Nicolay said...

Beautiful Christmas scene on your painting Christine!

Sandra Cox said...

Look at that painting! Those trees are amazing!

Wanda said...

Two excellent choices. The Christmas Theme for your painting, and the Kale Salad. I'm taking a Pasta Salad to our daughter's Christmas, We are keeping it simple this year with sandwiches and salads, fruit trays and desserts.

Christine said...

Thanks for stopping by L

J.P. Alexander said...

Bella pintura, y me gusto mucho la ensalada. Te mando un beso.

peppylady (Dora) said...

We had spinach salad for dinner tonight.
Coffee is on and stay safe

DeniseinVA said...

I love your Christmas art and your salad looks delicious.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I love your Christmas scene :)

Tom said...

...and the star in east marked the spot.

Królowa Karo said...

Great artwork. And the salad too.

Królowa Karo said...

Great artwork. And the salad too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your art and the kale salad looks delicious.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

I've never had a kale salad, but that looks delicious!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

A beautiful Christmas scene, Christine ... and I love a good, fresh Kale salad. Your salad dressing sounds wonderful. I make my own as well ... will have to try your version :) Happy Holiday's Christine ...

Andrea @ From the Sol.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The salad is perfect for Christmas with its colors. Beautiful Christmas painting, too, dear.

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful christmas night :)

Rain said...

That is such a lovely Christmas scene Christine, I am such a fan of the black art paper!