Jan posted about a cabbage and potato mash recently and I found this recipe for an Irish Colcannon to try. It is delicious! Here is what I did:
Ingredients
3 medium potatoes cut into chunks
3 cooked breakfast sausages or bacon slices chopped
2 tbs butter for the mashed potatoes
1/4 c milk
3-4 tbs olive oil for sauteing cabbage and onions
1/4 cabbage cut into small pieces
1 onion chopped
salt
pepper
Instructions
Boil potato chunks in lightly salted water for about 15 minutes until tender. Drain the potatoes when cooked, add butter, salt, pepper to taste and mash.
Meanwhile cut the cooked sausage or bacon into chunks and the cabbage into small pieces. Saute the onion in olive oil, add sausage or bacon pieces, then add the cabbage and continue sauteing until cooked, 10-15 minutes. season the cabbage mix with salt and pepper.
Mix this into the potato mash.
Repeating myself, it is delicious!


18 comments:
Glad that you enjoyed it!
I love colcannon!
Beauty.
I would never have thought about taters with cabbage. But I like all the foods you mentioned and would be willing to try it. Being I have Irish blood I would love to venture out and try more types of food that my family way back when prob ate.
I love the combination and I add peas cubes of carrots which makes it perfect dish for me :)
I love this. I used to make it a lot but since it's a starch I should stay away from..I haven't in ages.
Thank you for sharing Jan's recipe. I have always wanted to try this one.
I love Irish food. Looks like a good recipe
Many thanks for the link back to the low carb diabetic, and many thanks for sharing the Irish Colcannon.
Enjoy your weekend.
All the best Jan
Sounds good, I have tried a vegan version of this and it is lovely :-D
Gracias por la receta. La haré pronto. Te mando un beso.
This sounds great, a fabulous winter dish! hugs, Valerie
I never had this, even when I visited ireland. It does look and sound tasty!
This looks really different and interesting.
This look delicious!
look yummy ....
thank you for sharing recipe
So fun to make a new-to-you food. Very cool!!!!!
That looks so yummy!
Post a Comment