Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Canned pumpkin soup


 I had half a 15 oz can of pumpkin leftover from a recipe I was making.  I decided to make a soup with the rest of the can.  

I sauteed a chopped onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic, added a chopped overripe tomato, a teaspoon of salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp of sugar, a teaspoon of dried thyme.  Then I added a can of condensed chicken stock, 3 cups of water, the pumpkin.  I boiled for 40 minutes until the flavours melded together and created a delicious soup!

19 comments:

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

An interesting soup.

Ananka said...

I love pumpkin soup. I made it with coconut milk and it turned out super :-D

roentare said...

This looks super gorgeous

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea! Hugs, Valerie

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, it does sound delightful! Love this recipe! Thanks so much!

Angie's Recipes said...

Quick and warming!

Jenn Jilks said...

Good idea!

My name is Erika. said...

Your recipe is perfect timing as I have some canned pumpkin leftover also. It looks yummy!

Kathy G said...

Great way to use up leftovers!

ashok said...

Delicious

Las Locuras de Ahyde said...

Hola! una sopa interesante, seguro que esta rica. Besos

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the add of onions. Yum.

Mary Kirkland said...

That sounds pretty good.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice in cooler weather :)

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

That sounds really good.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

That sounds really yummy!

Kay said...

Gosh! I wish you lived next door, Christine.