I had a slice of toasted tomato bread for breakfast using the sweet gold cherry tomatoes that ripened up in the garden. I topped it with fresh basil leaves also from the small garden. I told my friend S she is feeding me as she brings me these plants every year from her sister 's farm.
I saw my eye surgeon for a follow up yesterday. She said everything looks good and will see me again in 3 months. She removed all restrictions but did warn me to take things gradually. I told her the gas bubble in my eye was gone since Aug 15. She says the blurriness is being caused by my cataract, I need cataract surgery. I mentioned I was not at the point of needing cataract surgery but she said I always needed cataract surgery. I booked an appointment with my optometrist to see about a cataract appointment with a specialist. This will be many months into the future I expect. There are waitlists. After these recent eye surgeries I am not scared anymore.

26 comments:
Geez, another possible surgery again? The breakfast looks satisfying.
Yummy breakfast and a mini.yipppee to your eyes. Take care.
...cataract surgery made a HUGE difference for me.
Cataract surgery truly improved my life in so many ways, Christine. Glad you can have it done down the road!
Unique breakfast! Glad your appointment went okay. I had cataracts done in my 50s. Made a big difference. Much thinner glasses afterwards. Don't wait until the middle of winter! Linda in Kansas
It's good that one is done and now there's another surgery—you know what to expect with a procedure like that by now. I hope you don't have to wait too long. You made a great breakfast,hugs Elke
It's all going in the right direction, so that's good.
These golden-yellow tomatoes are delicious.
Have a nice Day.
At my eye appointment next week the doctor said I have cataracts, but it will be several years before they will need to be removed.
Cataracts seem so common these days Linda-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
I'm glad your appointment went well. Xx
Your breakfast looks delicious. I even have everything to make a similar one.
Glad the gas bubble is gone, but I worry about your need for yet more surgeries.
Yay you. Glad your eye has healed. Anything dealing with eyes is scary, but cataract surgery is very noninvasive and easy. Sounds like the difficult stuff is in the rearview mirror:) Take special care.
That one should be a lot easier. I had surgery on my left eye, but I'm waiting to do my right one.
I'm glad you got mostly good news. Sorry to hear you will have to have cataract surgery too.
A very nice breakfast! I'm happy to hear that your eye is good. I had this same surgery a few years back. Take it easy and enjoy the day.
Nice August sandwich. And sorry to read you need cataract surgery too. I hope you don't have to wait too long for that.
I'm pleased to read your appointment went well.
Here in the UK there are waiting lists for cataract surgery, but you do have an appointment with the optometrist booked so that is good.
Tomatoes and basil go wonderfully well together :)
All the best Jan
Se ve rico. Te mando un beso.
Angie cataract surgery for sure!
This looks so tasty! yum, yum!
Your breakfast looks great. I wonder why you have to wait so long for another appointment? Sorry you have to have another surgery, but it's great that this one is behind you.
Looks tasty. Glad it is healing well. :-D
Wonderful that you're not scared anymore.
Very happy to know things are going in the right direction. I'm glad the surgeries don't scare you. I have the start of one apparently but does not need to be attended to just yet. Your open-faced sandwich looked delicious! I'll have to look for some tomato bread, that sounds like a nice change to me.
Post a Comment