Friday, August 14, 2026

Friday Art - Purple Frog

 



Welcome to Friday Art, sharing a Purple Frog ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") in watercolour pencil that I saw online.

Linking to Nicole's Friday Face Off and to Gillena's Art For Fun Friday.

24 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You did a great job drawing and coloring that purple frog. It was new to me.

Happy FFO and AFFF.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You drew that purple frog so well!!!

Angie's Recipes said...

wow...didn't even know purple frog exists..

Iris Flavia said...

Interesting and kinda cute.

Tom said...

. I NEVER knew.

My name is Erika. said...

Now he is an unusual colored frog. And you captured him perfectly in your drawing! Happy Friday!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow. You learn something new everyday!!

The Happy Whisk said...

Purple. Fun.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely art.

Rostrose said...

A strange creature I hadn't seen before, dear Christine – you've captured it perfectly!
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html

DVArtist said...

Wow! Your art is really capturing the purple frog. I had not idea there even are purple frogs. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a lovely weekend.

an artist reflects said...

Wow is right ~ never knew there was a purple frog ~ great sketch ! Hugs ^_^

CheerfulMonk said...

Nice job! I had never of of them.

Ananka said...

It's lovely and good art :-D

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Haven't seen a purple frog

Gillena Cox said...

Purple frogs, wjite lions, white camels, this world id rich in surprises
Happy Friday
Thanks for linking to AFFF

much love

Mary Kirkland said...

I didn't even know a purple frog really existed.

Kathylorraine said...

I love your painting-did not know there were purple frogs-pretty awesome

Tanza Erlambang said...

cute

roentare said...

Love that purple frog texture and colour rendition

Martha Jane Orlando said...

A purple frog? Really??? I'd never heard of one, Christine.

DeniseinVA said...

Very cute art of the purple frog. Never seen one of these before. Thanks for helping my learning curve :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I'd not heard of a purple frog before ... I like your art.

All the best Jan