Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday Smiles and SITAR

 


Welcome to Gillena's Sunday Smiles and to Nicole's SITAR.

I am showing this framed photo I have had at home for decades.  It brought back memories of when I bought it.  I had heard about this place that sold artwork for good prices and went to the store to browse.  I remember speaking to the owner and he waited hopefully to see what I would choose.  I had trouble finding anything I liked in the store full of framed pictures, I could tell he was upset.  Finally I bought the only picture I liked in the whole store.  I didn't think I was picky, I just didn't like his stuff.  It looks like a Provence, France photo, such a pleasing arrangement.


19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can see why this spoke to you. It has great composition.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Yeah, you can't like everything all the time. This photo looks nice!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

You made a good choice, Christine.

My name is Erika. said...

It looks like a beauty Christine. Happy Sunday.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Have a nice Sunday.

Tom said...

...we each have our own tastes.

Angie's Recipes said...

It looks quite nice.

MELODY JACOB said...

Oh, that awkward shopping memory! I can just picture you wandering through a sea of frames while the poor owner is watching you like a hawk, hoping for a sale. We've all been trapped in that exact kind of shop where nothing quite clicks, and the pressure starts mounting.
But you stuck it out and found that one hidden gem. Decades later, that little slice of Provence is still hanging on your wall, bringing a smile to your face and carrying all those memories with it. It just goes to show you aren't picky, you just know what you love. What a sweet piece of history to have in your home all these years.

Christine said...

Thanks for your thoughtful comment Melody, you get it!

DVArtist said...

It looks beautiful but I know how that feeling is when the owner of a shop watches your every move and shows his feelings because you are taking your time. Most of the time I leave when I have that experience. Good for you for staying until you found the perfect item. Thank you for sharing with SITAR and have a nice Sunday.

The Happy Whisk said...

That's understandable. I don't always like the stuff either and sometimes I leave with nothing. It's okay to leave with nothing too. Nothing wrong with that. But I do get wanting to buy something from a small store as well. I've done that too.

Mary Kirkland said...

It's good you were able to find something you did like.

Christine said...

I am glad I found something Ivy but you are right I could have left with nothing.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one
Happy Sunday
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles

Mucj love

Lowcarb team member said...

I think you made a good choice.

All the best Jan

gigi-hawaii said...

I used to visit a row of art galleries in Lahaina before the wildfires and did find a gem by David Warren. After I posted a photo of it, a blogger offered to buy it. I declined. It’s still hanging in my living room.

J.P. Alexander said...

Te mando un beso.

DeniseinVA said...

I can understand that, I've been there myself. That's a pretty one you chose.

Ananka said...

It's nice :-D