Saturday, August 16, 2025

Thyme


 I was at daughter L's house and  pulled this plant out of some decorative stones.  It smelled good and so I used Google lens to identify it.  Turns out it is thyme!  So I planted it and hopefully it does well.  It is a perennial so can live over winter.  L must have more of these plants in her backyard growing legitimately.  

19 comments:

jabblog said...

Thyme is wonderful and the bees and butterflies love the flowers. It gets rather woody after a while, so should be pruned to keep it in good heart.

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks very different from the thyme I get over here..

ellie said...

Wow, what a surprise! Our Basil has been beautiful this year. We have dried a lot of it.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Wonderful find! So great. You'll have to check out her back yard.

moulinex said...

Wonderful herb

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great spice, good luck with it growing for you.hugs Elke

Martha Jane Orlando said...

All you need now are parsley, sage and rosemary - LOL! Blessings, Christine!

Mary Kirkland said...

That's so cool to find that growing wild out there.

Ananka said...

A good and healthy herb :-D

DeniseinVA said...

I love the smell and taste of thyme.

Katerinas Blog said...

It's a wonderful herb suitable for meats and anything else you like. It grows quickly if you get close, smells wonderful and needs pruning!!

J.P. Alexander said...

Es una buena hierba. te mando un beso.

CheerfulMonk said...

How neat!

My name is Erika. said...

Just don't plant it in a wet place as they like dryer soil and I bet it will grow great.

Tanza Erlambang said...

great to have the plant

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a lovely little find!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thyme is a lovely herb.

All the best Jan

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Fantastic find. My most favourite herb. They are very hardy too. I am sure you already know this, make sure to prune it if you have the woody kind.

-Soma

The Happy Whisk said...

Ohhhh, that a good herb. Hope it plants. Yum.