Thursday, August 28, 2025

Thursday Art and Dinner Date - Peaches and Mini cheesecakes with Sour Cherry Compote

This is usually Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date but it seems her website is currently not available. The theme would've been 'Peaches'.   Let's just call this Thursday Art and Dinner Date.  I will continue these themes until the end of September if you would like to join me. Just leave me a comment with your link if you participated that day. I had worked ahead.  September themes: At Work, Sunrise, Soup!,Beauty Salon.    

Here is my ACEO ( 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") on canvas in acrylic.






 




For the Dinner Date I am showing my mini cheesecake with a sour cherry compote topping which I made last month with sour cherries from a tree in my garden.  I made the mini cheesecake using this recipe.  I substituted low fat creamcheese and low fat sour cream.

Here is the sour cherry compote recipe:





30 comments:

Katerinas Blog said...

The cherry in it is wonderful!!
It goes incredibly well with ice cream and cheesecake!!
Thanks for reminding me, Kristine!!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

His peach painting is beautiful! The cheesecake with sour cherry compote is delicious. Thanks for the recipe! Hugs Elke

Iris Flavia said...

I have not worked ahead (having a bit crazy times) - great sketch! One day I will try cheesecake...

roentare said...

That mini cheesecake looks so yummy

jabblog said...

Delicious! I'd have to eat that very slowly, to really savour it.

Ananka said...

Nice art. That looks good. I do like cherries :-D

ellie said...

Ode to Cherries! A perfect time to show case what you've been up to. Lovely and delicious 🍒💕❤️💕🍒

Caitlin&Megan said...

So wonderful and colorful! Yummy too! 🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒

Lucimar da Silva Moreira said...

Sua arte ficou muito linda, adoro cereja deu água na boca essa delícia de cheesecake bjs.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely art.

My name is Erika. said...

Yum. Your mini cheesecake looks delicious and I love the idea of sour cherry topping. And yesterday I ate lots of peaches myself. :) Happy Thrusday.

CheerfulMonk said...

😊❤️

R’s Rue said...

I love it all. The art is spectacular.

Angie's Recipes said...

The painting is lovely. Just bought some peaches for my husband today.

CAAC said...

Thanks for sharing the art prompt through the end of September. I managed to pull together a TAD post and will try my best to participate more frequently. I like cheesecake. The mini-cheesecakes are so cute and your peaches artwork is just as sweet!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Wonderful painting, Christine, and the cherry recipe looks delicious!

Sandra Cox said...

Love the color of the peaches and the cheesecake looks divine.

LoveT. said...


Both look very good.

DVArtist said...

Very nice art.

DeniseinVA said...

Both look great and thank you for the link. My husband's all-time favorite is a cherry pie and he also loves cheesecake so a win-win :)

Tanza Erlambang said...

pretty painting.... and delicious cake ..... yummy

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda pintura me enamore del postre. Te mando un beso.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely art Christine.

All the best Jan

Gillena Cox said...

Mine is HERE

Much♡love

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been some time since I done a mini drawing.

Chrissy T said...

Super lovely! That cheesecake...looks divine.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love that you used cherries from your own garden. Lovely art!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love that you are carrying on for Rain. I do hope she will decide to come back ... meanwhile, no linky? How are we supposed to see the posts of other people? I know, shame on me for being picky. I have already started my "At Work" post and can't wait to be a blogger again. Thank you, thank you, Christine ... you are the best!!!

Andrea @ from the Sol

Christine said...

Andrea Just leave me a comment with your link if you participated that day. Everyone can then see who participated.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oops! I did the wrong prompt, so my post is of "Soup" instead of Sunrise :( so next week I will do sunrise and after that I should be back on track. Or will I ... now you are saying this week was peaches and I didn't see that anywhere. You peach painting is juicy, by the way. I am not sure if I can buy peaches at the store now, but I sure have a taste for one now. Anyway, we will get this worked out. My link is https://fromthesol.blogspot.com/2025/09/christines-thursday-art-and-dinner-date.html

Andrea @ From the Sol