Tuesday, August 26, 2025

Ripe tomatoes


 I spotted this tomato plant with lots of ripe cherry tomatoes while walking by someone's front yard.  You may be able to see some in the photo above.  I wondered if the owners would pick them.  On my way back past the property I saw a young man walking in the yard.  An older woman was sitting on the front porch.  I pointed out the ripe cherry tomatoes to the young man and suggested he could pick them.  I hope he did.

23 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

Very tempting.

roentare said...

You may have encouraged them to enjoy the harvest right from their garden

Sintra blogue said...

thanks

baili said...

You reminded me a story I read long time ago,it’s title was picking the raw fruit is a sin and leaving the rip one behind is sin as well

Felicity said...

you are so kind ❤️

ellie said...

Yes, it's great to find those 'wild' tomatoes..they can be the best! I hope they got picked.

Caitlin&Megan said...

When you're watching them so closely, it seems to take forever for tomatoes to ripen. Great Tuesday post!

Angie's Recipes said...

They hide pretty well...

My name is Erika. said...

I hope he did too!

Ananka said...

Hopefully he did. I like a good cherry tomato :-D

Katerinas Blog said...

Cherry tomatoes (at least here in the Mediterranean) are very delicious!!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Tomatoes 🍅 are wonderful.

Adam said...

I accidentally grew tomatoes from a wrong seed packet 🍅

Adam

Nekorandom.com

Martha Jane Orlando said...

What a waste if he didn't pick them, Christine. I love cherry tomatoes!

Lisabella Russo said...

Very yummy looking!

LoveT. said...

Hope the tomatoes are harvested

Red said...

How could anybody miss picking a ripe tomato?

The Happy Whisk said...

Where I used to live we could keep toms on the plant longer. Here though, nopers. Too dang cold. We had the heat on the car today and yesterday.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope the tomatoes will be harvested!

All the best Jan

Hena Tayeb said...

That is quite the bounty.

J.P. Alexander said...

Lindos tomates. Te mando un beso.

Chrissy T said...

I love cherry tomatoes!

DeniseinVA said...

I do too and how nice you pointed them out.