Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A creamy mustard dip

I was watching the Food Channel on TV while working out at the gym.  Host Roger Mooking was making his Salt Cod Fritters with a variety of dips.  He started with this creamy mustard dip and I seemed to have all the ingredients (more or less) and made it as soon as I got home.  I had some meatballs, and some roasted chicken slices that would go perfectly with it.  I was not disappointed.  It calls for some sourcream, pickles, ground coriander, salt, honey and yellow mustard.  I used pickled beans instead of sweet gherkins.

I have been banking with the same bank for almost 30 years.  But they are making some changes recently which are starting to annoy me.  Things like keeping a large minimum monthly balance in your no-interest chequing account.  Permitting one withdrawal per month on your interest paying savings account.  It will be $5 per additional withdrawal.  This also applies to student accounts.  It is tempting to move over to one of the newer more modern online banks who I imagine are so much more flexible.  But it would mean a lot of changes to a familiar routine and way of doing things.  And that is likely the only reason. And other people will say the banks are all the same.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The dip sounds yummy. Banks here are offering less and less service, give you almost no interest on savings and take enormous interest if you are overdrawn. Valerie

Anonymous said...

sounds like a yummy dip! Our bank has recently made some changes that we are not liking, progress I suppose, they nickle and dime us at every turn, lol! (thats my husbands words),!!!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable what your bank charges. Why don't you find another local bank? My bank gives us interest and does not charge for withdrawals at all.

Adam said...

My bank tried to do the fee checking thing and quickly retreated after the smaller ones did the same.

Kathy G said...

I don't think there's any deals to be had in banking anymore. I'm uncomfortable going to an online-only bank, but maybe I'm showing my age.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Banks rub me the wrong way. Always increasing their fees while minimizing their services!

Lisabella Russo said...

I'm not a fan of mustard or pickles, so I think I would have passed on the dip. It's interesting and disappointing about your bank changes. I think you can probably find a bank more in line with your expectations, but there's no way of preventing them to make changes when they decide to...

Mary said...

Gosh i love mustard! Always looking for a new one to try. :). At least you were eorking out while watching Food Channel. I'm usually sitting on my butt wanting all the yummy stuff i see. Lol.

Mary said...

That's.. working out, for goodness sake!

Anonymous said...

That's why I like my credit union. Does Canada have credit unions?

Christine said...

we do have credit unions. I am just stuck in a habit.