Sunday, May 12, 2024

Sunday Smiles - Solar Storm



 Earth experienced a solar storm the night of May 10th that resulted in some spectacular photos across the planet.  These photos were taken outside daughter L's in-law's cottage in Muskoka.  It was too cloudy where we were.

Happy Mother'sDay!

Linking to Gillena's Sunday Smiles.

30 comments:

roentare said...

That light is surreal!

Gillena Cox said...

Wow!!!!

Thanks for sharibg Christine

Much♡love

Pooja Mahimkar said...

Oh how I wish I could see this is India too

Iris Flavia said...

Nature is an artist.

Angie's Recipes said...

Very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

so awesome I kept looking but could not see it from my house

Ivy's Closet said...

So exciting to see. Love these photos!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous. Nothing to see here:(

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous photos! Hugs, Valerie

Red said...

Lucky girl to be in Muskoka with little light interference.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Unbelievably beautiful! We didn't see the northern lights either. Yesterday it was too bright and today it's cloudy.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

What an amazing show the heavens put on! We are too far south to have seen them, so I appreciate these so much.
Blessings!

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy Mother's Day, Christine!

DUTA said...

Spectacular photos, indeed!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

Lisabella Russo said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day!

MELODY JACOB said...

Happy Mother's Day! It's fascinating to hear about the solar storm and the stunning photos captured as a result. Even though it was cloudy where you were, it's wonderful that your daughter L's in-law's cottage in Muskoka provided the perfect backdrop for experiencing the phenomenon. Mother Nature never ceases to amaze us with her spectacular displays. Wishing you a day filled with joy and love!

The Happy Whisk said...

So pretty! Happy Mother's Day. PS: Have you made polenta with corn meal? If so, I use millet flour and it works great. A little bit of both corn and millet and it's a party. Sweet or savoury. Delish.

Ane said...

Lindo!
A tempestade solar fez maravilhas como essa!
Beijos!

My name is Erika. said...

You were so lucky to see the lights. You snapped some great shots. I forgot to go look- how silly could I have been?

J.P. Alexander said...

Bellas fotos. Me enamore de ellas. Te mando un beso.

DeniseinVA said...

These photos are stunning! We didn’t see them.

Barwitzki said...

Fantastic photos...thank you.
I saw it once in Northern Norway - the Northern Lights. Beautiful... very.
Many greetings to you.

CheerfulMonk said...

Those pictures are spectacular! Thank you. We're down in New Mexico and some people even down here saw them, but not spectiaclar I'm sure. It was cloudy where we are.

Tanza Erlambang said...

fantastic

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

The Velvet Runway said...

Beautiful photos
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

Liam Ryan said...

Damn. I missed the northern lights.
Your photos looked beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous photographs.
Belated Happy Mothers Day wishes.

All the best Jan

Lorraine said...

We had clouds here too, but some saw it not too far away.