Sunday, May 26, 2024

Sunday Smiles - Ancient Street Lighting


 Linking to Gillena's Sunday SmileSunday Smiles.

Enjoy your Sunday.

20 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Very clever!

roentare said...

That is quite a clever design

Gillena Cox said...

How interesting😊 Happy Sunday. Christine thank you for linking to SundaySmiles

Much♡love

Violetta said...

Even without electricity shining lights in the evening....great idea.
Have a good time and thanks for visiting my blog.
All the best
Violetta

Anonymous said...

oh Wow

Valerie-Jael said...

Clever, and no electricity needed! Hugs, Valerie

Ivy's Closet said...

They always knew how to use their ingenuity. Awesome to know. Happy Sunday!

Adam said...

The Romans were always the best thinkers

Rostrose said...

Dear Christine, I am very impressed. I've been to Rome before, but I didn't notice this clever ancient lighting system.
All the best and a good start into the new week, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/05/weltreise-2024-immer-noch-tasmanien.html

So Alice said...

I really like such historical curiosities :-)

Mor Düşler Kitaplığı said...

Interesting. :)
Thanks for sharing and have a good week :)

DeniseinVA said...

Those Romans were very, very clever! I always enjoy these fascinating facts you share Christine, thank you!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I never knew that fact, Christine. Thanks!

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a clever idea!

J.P. Alexander said...

Genial, te mando un beso.

Iris Flavia said...

Clever. Why are we this dumb today?

Katerinas Blog said...

Thanks Christine,
this is something I'm reading for the first time!

Lowcarb team member said...

A clever idea.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Roman builders were absolutely amazing. It’s incredible that they built all those aqueducts.

Sandi said...

That is a smart idea for the roads!