Tuesday, May 14, 2024
Pot Luck Dinner
Daughter L and her husband hosted a Mother's Day party for some of husband M's family members and to show them her new house. So us moms were well celebrated and it was a fantastic party. It was a pot luck dinner and I brought a fruit tray. Pot luck dinners are a great idea and daughter L made a great menu plan. She thought about who would make great desserts, who is good at meat dishes, who is good at vegetarian dishes and so forth. When the food came together it was a success! I took home some lovely rhubarb crumble as that was not as popular, but I love the slightly sour taste of rhubarb. There were other lovely cakes, brownies and cookies to suit every taste.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
My husband would enjoy rhubarb crumble!
Oh, the rhubarb pie is a favorite at our house. We have had our plant for a very long time. It has actually traveled with us. Hard to say how old it really is.
Sounds like a great party. The fruit tray looks lovely!
The fruit looks gorgeous, and the rhubarb crumble sounds fabulous! Hugss, Valerie
Beautiful post
The fruit tray looks delicious
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/
Dad always grew rhubarb in his garden, many sticks of rhubarb dipped in sugar in my childhood, and mother always made the pies too. Fruit is very pretty.
I've never had rhubarb pie but I would try it.
Nice fruit tray! I always look for the fruit on the table.
The fruit tray looks great.
My mum used to make a wonderful rhubarb crumble ... happy memories :)
All the best Jan
Potluck are great.
Sounds like you had a lovely time. I'm so glad.
Ricas frutas. Te mando un beso.
Oh very nice. I wish I could get fruit like that here.
Great and fun and healthy, mindful idea!
Se ve muy rico. Besos
congrats your daughter to have new house !
the party sounds super exciting and delicious
Oooh, I love rhubarb crumble. It's been a few years since I've made it. Lucky you to have such a treat.
Post a Comment