Saturday, May 25, 2024

Italian Almond Orange Cake

I finally got around to trying this almond cake by Manuela. It required me using this old egg separator that I had and an old (new) juicer. I had requested this juicer from my wedding registry decades ago and this might be the first time or second time I've used it! It is a lovely appliance. We tend to just eat fresh fruit as opposed to juices.  I used a sugar free liquid sweetener along with almond flour for this recipe as well.  It does have the juice of one orange.  The cake bakes up in an oiled spring form pan at 350F for about 40 minutes. My cake took 50 minutes.  It tastes like a pound cake, quite nice.



old (new) juicer

 
Just out of the oven nicely browned


oops- the bottom came off when I turned the cake over


18 comments:

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

A delicious looking cake. I should bake something, but there is so much else to do now.

Iris Flavia said...

I had to laugh about your old new juicer. I found one from the 70´s in the street and used it but twice. But it looks so cool I keep it as deco.

Angie's Recipes said...

Would be nice with tea :-)

roentare said...

The cake looks nice to eat

ellie said...

Oh, I'm sure it must be flavorful! Great you can use those appliances that you still have, too. Happy Weekend!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

It does look like a great cake for the weekend. I have been using Almond flour in my mini doughnut maker and the hold their shape very well an moist inside too.

Hena Tayeb said...

Looks delicious.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Now I'm hungry!
Blessings, Christine!

MELODY JACOB said...

It sounds like quite the culinary adventure! Using old kitchen tools for a new recipe adds a special touch to the experience. And making adjustments like using sugar-free sweetener and almond flour showcases your creativity in the kitchen. The end result, a pound cake-like almond cake with a hint of orange, sounds absolutely delicious. It's wonderful to hear about your baking journey and the delightful outcome!

DeniseinVA said...

This cake looks great, thanks for the link. I just bought a juicer and am hoping it wasn't an impulse buy but I intend to use it and not keep staring at the box like I have done before! I make a lot of fruit smoothies in my blender and enjoy those.

Valerie-Jael said...

Most of my kitchen things are ancient, too. But so am I....Hugs!

Kym Decker said...

Looks and sounds delicious!! A must try recipe!

DVArtist said...

One of my favorites. However, I have never made one. Looks good.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Se ve muy rico. Lo hare pronto. Te mando un beso.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing this Christine.

This Italian Low Carb Lemon Cake may also interest you.
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2019/10/italian-lemon-cake-low-carb.html

Happy weekend wishes.

All the best Jan

CheerfulMonk said...

It's making me hungry! I would love to try it. 😊

Katerinas Blog said...

Ahhh your almond cake looks delicious, good to have both the old and new juicer working.
Have a great week Christinε!

Anonymous said...

Your cake sounds delicious thanks for the recipe