Saturday, April 26, 2014

Twittering and other thoughts


I heard all this twittering and looked up into the trees the other day and noticed these birds up there. If you click on the photo you may get a better view of them.  There are two in one tree and two in another. 

I don't have very nice lighting fixtures in my house, we've lived with what it came with.  However, I've always loved glass chandeliers and seriously considered replacing the fixture hanging over my dining table.  Until I went to a friend's house the other day, she had beautiful crystal chandeliers.  She mentioned they need a lot of cleaning to keep their sparkle.  I realized I would never spend any amount of time keeping all the little crystals clean.  And so if and when I do replace my lighting fixtures it will be something modern and contemporary, I like that too!

Another thought that recently came to me, is that husband M and I both enjoy regular visits to the gym.  I noticed both of our grown children also enjoy going to the gym.  It is so true that kids learn by example.

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great that you have given your kids a good example to live by! The birds twittering in the trees here woke me very early this morning, I wonder how such small bodies can produce such loud noises? Have a great day, Valerie

Icy BC said...

Bird twittering can be so loud and early in the morning around my area too.

Glad your family enjoying the gym..

Naquillity said...

i too enjoyed some bird twittering this morning. nothing more precious to wake to. hopefully you'll find a light fixture you can enjoy. and, i think it's great you family enjoys the gym. sounds like you are all very close. have a great day~

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Love the pictures of the birds!! Nothing more beautiful than birdsong :)
And yes children absolutely learn by example!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Modern and contemporary...my kind of style! And, of course, low maintenance.

Anonymous said...

We have a nice chandelier we bought at Lowe's for $28 last year. I haven't had to clean it yet. However, David told me there's a can of spray that is specially made for glass chandeliers, so one of these days we will see if we can buy one.

Melgie Campbell said...

I live hearing birds twittering, it bring so much closer to nature that way. I think going to the gym is fun:)

Adam said...

Daisy wants to go to the gym, but I leaning more to going to the YMCA since they also have a pool

Anonymous said...

Crystal chandeliers can be expensive to have cleaned. I have a friend with beautiful one in her dining room that she has professionally cleaned once a year. We don't have a formal dining room, just an area off of the kitchen, and it has the original 70s chandelier with large smoked glass globes. Fortunately, the globes can be put in the dishwasher when they start to look grimy.

Lisabella Russo said...

I love when I see birds, I am happy to see your twittering birds! Chandeliers are beautiful, but definitely more high maintenance then modern fixtures. We had a chandelier at my home a long time ago, but don't have any here.

stefanie stark said...

I love birdsong too and I often look up into the trees and look at them as you do.

Kay said...

Good for you and M for setting a good example for the kids! It will keep them healthy throughout their lives.