Sunday, April 27, 2014

Run for Women


Yesterday morning there was a marathon 'Run for Women' in our neighbourhood sponsored by a drug store company. It was an overcast day unfortunately with the threat of rain. Still it was better than the snow they had up north! It was well-organized with roads closed and police supervision. There was a good turnout for the 5 to 10k run. I even saw a participating mom walking with her young child in a stroller. I didn't participate by the way.

Sunday Sketches is on hold for the time being as poor Alexandra was in a car accident and is recovering thankfully.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Today is a big marathon here too, lots of roads closed, buses diverted etc. I will try to watch part of it. Sorry to hear about Alexandra, hope she has a speedy recovery. Valerie

Anonymous said...

I have never run the marathon anywhere. Don't think I could go past the 1 mile marker. Lol.

Naquillity said...

that's wonderful to hear a woman was participating with her child in a stroller... sorry the weather wasn't up to par but glad it didn't dampen the event... i'm sorry to hear about Alexandra... i'd wondered what had happened to Sunday Sketches this week... wishing her well and a speedy recovery. glad she wasn't hurt any worse than she was.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

I admire people who participate in these things. I probably couldn't make it around the block!

Adam said...

kind of a coincidence, my town had some kind of marathon yesterday. Went out on the main road and the right side was closed off for runners.

Lisabella Russo said...

I did a walkathon once, wasn't really for me. Good to see all of those participants though!

Anonymous said...

wonderful event!! We missed the snow, thank goodness!!!! Or shall I say the snow missed us!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's so so about Alexandra.
Good for you for running. I haven't been able to in recent years.
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario !

Kay said...

I'm all for the 5-10K. I really don't think the marathon is healthy. I think you should try the 5K someday. You sure look like you could do it easily.