Son K is now legally of drinking age in Canada. He didn't waste time celebrating with friends this past week. I had to warn him of the dangers of too many cocktails. He hasn't yet developed a taste for beer. Still, he took a nice photo and most importantly he knew not to drive that night.
Right on topic, I found this other photo:


12 comments:
Drinking is really a problem with young people, so hope K stays on the safe side! Valerie
hoping he never develops a taste for beer or other alcoholic beverages... sounds like he's done well so far and has a level head about him, :) my daughter is of legal age to drink too and though she's wanted to try something she still hasn't. hope all is well. have a great weekend~
I'm sure you've taught him well!
funny "are you drunk" photo
That cartoon is hilarious. I am glad your son had a designated driver.
that is a beautiful photo, he inherits his Mama's talent!!! That is a about the truth of it, that comic i mean, I remember when my son became of age, it was worry for a bit but he made good choices, mostly, he did like beer though, lol!!!!!
What a beautiful photograph, the colors and the balance are so pretty. Happy birthday to your son! Funny cartoon!
That's funny!
I love it! Too funny!
In Australia when you first get your drivers licence at 18 years, you are not allowed to have any alcohol in your system when you drive for 3 years.
Hope K stays safe.
Hugs
Peggy xxxxx
Interesting to know the Australian rules Peggy, I think I agree with this. In Canada there is a graduated licensing system where you get a G2 licence at 16 then a full G licence about 16 months later. It's zero alcohol tolerance for a few years after this. Still better than in the US where you can drive at 15!
I have just rechecked my facts and in some states in Australia you can get a Provisional Licence at 17. But I wish it was 18 all round Australia. Driving in Sydney is now a nightmare. There are now 1.54 vehicles for every Sydney household.
The young inexperienced driver has the highest death rate.
I'm looking forward to the day when humans do not control cars, the day cars drive themselves.
Post a Comment