One of my sisters scared me with the nutrition facts on one slice of KFC chicken breast. It has 35g of fat or 54% of your daily recommended allowance. I suppose it includes eating the skin on.
We had purchased a buy one get one free bucket deal they were running for the Superbowl last week perhaps. We did enjoy it and and son K and I don't eat the skin but husband M does. I also love their cole slaw. We got onion rings instead of fries not that it is any healthier.
26 comments:
Good morning Christine!
Some pleasures should be eaten rarely,
so ok once in a while!
Swells me up just reading that.
I remember decades ago when my cholesterol jumped. My doctor asked me what I was eating. Well... there was a place called Brown's Chicken that had the most awesome Cajun chicken wings.
So I told my doctor I was eating chicken.
He asked me what part of the chicken.
So I had to confess and that was it fried chicken wings every week for lunch.
So that was it. No more friend chicken wings every week for lunch.
At least these fats are animal fats which is more stable in deep frying
i've had one KFC takeout in a year and loved the chicken inside of the heavy fried skin, which I diligently peeled off, knowing well about the fat and salt content.
Yeah, the calories alone is epic. Although, onion rings won't spike my blood sugar like fries will. And I rarely have them..so ..you aren't eating like this everyday.
I can imagine the horror..it is scary to know, but I'm glad you posted it.
Great Saturday post. Oh, I do look at calories all the time. And I am doing better at staying away from fast foods. I didn't know KFC made onion rings.
Fat is not the problem, but the coating and the over processed so called vegetable oil they use to fry the chicken...I eat 110 grams of saturated fat every day. And to be honest, skin is the best part of chicken. When I cook chicken, I usually eat all the skin, my cats eat the meat.
I never pay attention. I don't eat meat but the KFCs in our area are sub par so we don't get it often
Bummer! Glad by now they don´t taste good here anymore!
I find the strange stuff that are added more scary than calories.
It's why we eat at home. Hoping RFK, Jr., can clean house - literally!
I find a lot of nutrition labels and ingredients scary! I have to read the ingredients to make sure they don't have certain things in them I cannot have...milk, sweetners and or course animal products. I am shocked at the utter rubbish they put in food and I have to say Scotland's food standards are terrible....so much junk food!
I haven't eaten there for years but before I sound a goody-two-shoes it's only because fried food at this stage does a number on me. If you enjoy it and it's only once in a while, I'd say a little bit of what you fancy does you good. Until your doctor starts wagging their finger at you, lol!
thank you for sharing! I rarely eat KFC, but this is good to know!
Even though they can be scary, I think those labels are a good idea. ❤️
La comida de Kfc es grasosa pero rica. Te mando un beso.
Glad I don't like KFC. That's scary! Have a great weekend.
I think KC has the best cold slaw. My dearest doesn't eat the skin but I do...best part of the chicken. Don't do it often, but oh how I do like a good piece of fried chicken!
Great blog
I stopped eating any fast food about a year ago.
KFC is not included in my menu plans, although I know it is popular with many.
I don't necessarily think fat is the problem it's the additional coating and oils used.
As my old post says we love chicken skin in our house,
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2021/06/we-love-chicken-skin-in-our-house.html
All the best Jan
I read all food labels-so many foods are over the top with sodium levels-and other bad ingredients. we stopped eating out around 6 years ago or so.
reading facts is depressing when one is under serious precautions:(
Imagine if you ate that all the time. YIKES!
Post a Comment