Thursday, February 20, 2025

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date - Favorite Animals and Tofu Dish


 Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date!  This is my sister's cat Luna, she is very shy (ACEO 2 1/2 " x 3 1/2").  I thought it would be a good one to put up for our 'Favorite Animals' theme.

For the Dinner Date, I am sharing my preferred Tofu recipe which I may have posted before but it is quick and easy and I use it all the time now.

Ingredients

3 cloves minced garlic
2 green onions diced
2 tbs canola oil
1 block of medium tofu

Sauce

2 1/2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs black rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp chili crisp hot sauce
1 tsp sugar

Cut the tofu into small cubes
In a wok or saucepan saute the garlic and green onions in oil, add the tofu and sauce and stir for a few minutes until the tofu is warmed up.  Serve with rice.


28 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Hey Christine! I love making bean curd aka tofu. Soooo yummy. I also love to coat it in Panko and air fry. So fun. Happy Cooking.

roentare said...

The cat is shy hiding behind the door

Iris Flavia said...

Cute cat! My colleague advised me to dry tofu with a paper-towel so it gets sauces easier. Hmmm, think I need tofu!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You portrayed the shy cat in the painting very well!
Thank you for the great dish!
Hugs Elke

Anonymous said...

Good morning I love your painting Your tofu recipe sounds good-many many years ago when I was a vegetarian I liked tofu and made my own from scratch-but when I met Larry he says don't ever serve tofu-smiles

Lucimar da Silva Moreira said...

Christine a Luna é linda ficou perfeita na sua arte, levando a receita bjs.

Ananka said...

You know I love Tofu and cats :-D Great art and the Tofu dish sounds lovely :-D

Ivy's Closet said...

Awesome! So great to see the picture of Luna! Wonderful recipe too!

Angie's Recipes said...

My old cats always followed me to the toilet...

My name is Erika. said...

You definitely captured a shy kitty today Christine. I bet Luna is cute and sweet.

Adam said...

Nice 🎨

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely art !

R's Rue said...

Yum.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Thursday. Luv your peeping puppy art

Much♡love

CheerfulMonk said...

Cute cat! ❤️

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I love your kitty drawing, Christine. Blessings!

Sandra Cox said...

Sweet kitty. The recipe sounds good.

Mary Kirkland said...

I tried tofu a couple of times, I don't care for it.

Pam said...

Big ole hugs for your kitty

Jenn Jilks said...

Nice!

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda pintura. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Carola Bartz said...

Cute cat

ashok said...

Nice cat !

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a lovely drawing of Luna; she's a doll!

sandy said...

Oh that's cute..Luna.

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed seeing Luna peeking in and thanks for the recipe.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

As you know cats are one of my favorites. Your picture of Luna is adorable. I hope you gave a copy of it to your sister :) Again, like you, I love cooking Tofu. I get an "Orange Tofu" at one of my stores. It comes packaged with an orange sauce. I brown the Tofu in olive oil, add mixed (fresh) vegetables and then the orange sauce. I either serve it with rice or just by itself. Hope you are weathering the storm (both winter and political). Stay well, Christine ...

Andrea @ From the sol

baili said...

Nice draw for shy cat peeking through 👍