Monday, February 24, 2025

In full bloom


 And here is the amaryllis in full  bloom last Feb 16th.  We were digging out of a major snowstorm that day.  We have learned it is better to shovel several times for the day to lessen the load.  I noticed neighbours helping neighbours, especially if you own a snowblower.  In fact we did help our neighbours too as we do have a snowblower.  The tough part is when the snow ploughs come through and clear snow onto the edge of your driveway.

23 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It has blossomed beautifully!
It's great that you are helping each other. You have so much snow and we have none!Lots of work for you.!
Hugs Elke

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks for sharing while it is blooming. It is beautiful!

Iris Flavia said...

Still snow? Here it feels like Spring. Nice you all help each other.

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, I wish we had a neighbor like that. Yes, those snowplowers can make it tough getting out of the drive. So great that you have this bloom! Awesome.

Angie's Recipes said...

So beautiful!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Helping others out when we can is always the right thing to do. Your flowers are gorgeous, Christine!

baili said...

Oh my Goodness your amaryllis looks divine 👌♥️
I like when people help each other,this makes Mother Nature happy 🥰

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

So beautiful!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

gigi-hawaii said...

This is so incredible. I just love it. I hope it doesn't start to droop and lean over.

Ananka said...

Good to see :-D

Mary Kirkland said...

Oh that's really pretty.

LoveT. said...

Beautiful <3

DVArtist said...

Wow! This is so pretty.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your amaryllis is beautiful.

All the best Jan

Wanda said...

You are talking about digging out of a snow storm, and I'm making pasta salad because its so warm today!!! Such is life in different parts of our world.

Wanda said...

Oh, got involved with the weather and forgot to say how lovely your flower is. A bright spot!

Hena Tayeb said...

The snow plough always annoys my husband as well. While we did get plenty of snow this year not enough to require ploughing.
Lovely bloom.

J.P. Alexander said...

Lindas flores. Te mando un beso.

roentare said...

That looks fantastic

Veronica Lee said...

Your amaryllis is gorgeous!
It’s wonderful to see neighbors helping each other.
Stay warm!

CheerfulMonk said...

That amaryllis makes me smile. 😊

My name is Erika. said...

I didn't get to blog yesterday, but it's great to see all those beautiful blooms.