We finally met up for dinner with good friends last weekend. They brought thoughtful belated Xmas gifts. I didn't think of bringing gifts this year as Xmas had long passed. There was also a bottle of Pinot Noir.
They had been to California last year and made a point to try out a self driving car using the Waymo App. Their video of the car doing its own steering was entertaining. They said it pulled to the curb to drop them off, then adjusted to a bit further down the road moments later. You can tell it to stop if you need to. They feel that AI is becoming more of a part of modern life, even in the workplace with chat gpt and copilot apps for example. Robotics are also advancing, becoming more life like. We tend to be late adapters of anything being more cautious.
The other thing about AI is that jobs of course will be threatened. AI is close to developing code for you, if not already there, no need for programmers anymore.

20 comments:
Yes, we´ll have to learn to live with AI. I´m glad we do not know what the future brings with this...
Things keep changing. It's hard to keep up.
How sweet of your friends. That self driving car must have been fascinating. I saw a video of robot dogs (that’s all I can compare them with), carrying gurneys on their backs with patients. It’s all a bit freaky to me how fast AI is developing and becoming more of the norm.
I read in an article that one of the future top paying jobs would be AI psychologist
A wonderful Christmas present. I am horrified by the thought that there is no one in the driver's seat to drive and control the car.
Oh, thanks so much for the post. At least there was wine! It is haunting ..all this AI stuff. A co-worker was showing me how she studies for a class now. She takes her notes to feed AI on her phone and it turns it into a pod cast. She enjoys the class now. If only AI could do something about the weather.
It's going to be more challenging for the younger generations.
It's fun to see friends. I don't know about a self-driving car though, but I think the future and AI is going to force us to all try some new things in time. Have a super day.
AI is here to stay. Not a fan of robots but I guess we'll see what happens.
AI is a concept that both alarms and interests me, Christine. So nice to see your friends, though. Blessings!
How thoughtful of your friends. I would love a self driving car!
Still a nice gift :)
Not a fan of AI! That is cute :-D
Yes, we can be curious about what positive and negative things AI will bring us...
Nice presents.
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2025/01/4-tage-in-wien-ruckblick-2024-teil-3.htm
Hope the future will bring something more better, wish you a nice week.
Always nice to get gifts. Yes, my grandson and niece live in S. Cal and the self driving cars are everywhere there. It's actually freaky to see.
Tienes razón. Te mando un beso.
Yes AI is here ... but I'm still not too sure about it!
All the best Jan
A close friend and me still have to get together we have gifts for each other. That's neat that they had them for you as well.
Nice gift! But if you want something more attractive, check out the Sylvi E-Gift Card—it's unique, stylish, and loved by everyone!
Post a Comment