Friday, September 9, 2022

Friday Art - Flower Girls and Quill Art


 For Nicole's Friday Face Off I am showing a painting I did of the flower girls at daughter L's recent wedding.  They are my great nieces.  The little one actually did not make it up the aisle, it had been a long day for her.  They had attended hair and makeup in the morning wearing little makeup robes to match the bridal party women.

For Gillena's Art for Fun Friday I am showing this pretty quilled art card that a friend gave daughter L at her wedding.  The other photo describes a bit about quilled art.  It is an ancient Egyptian art form that involves rolling strips or coils of paper into art forms.




27 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Flower girls are very cute!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, the poor little thing! I bet she was disappointed she fell asleep!
Cute painting.
The wine-thing we better not try, I tend to break glass anyway... to a happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, beautiful card-hadn't seen this art form in a long time. Loved your sweet painting too

DUTA said...

Lovely painting of the flower girls at the wedding of your daughter!

Better Left Unsaid said...

Sweet times! Such a wonderful Friday post!

Ivy's Closet said...

Adoring the art! Wonderful Friday post!

Gene Black said...

Yes, I am sure that day was "too long" for the little one.
Quilling is an art form that I have never tried. I do find it fascinating.

Gillena Cox said...

Some cute flower girls, Christine.

Much💛love

Valerie-Jael said...

Sweet flower girls. One of my girls back when alsso fell asleep, and was carried along by her big sisiter! Hugs, Valerie

Pam said...

Cute art.

DVArtist said...

A wonderful drawing of the flower girls and the quill art is so pretty. A very tedious art form but the results are amazing. Thank you for joining Friday Face OFF and have a lovely day.

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice outfits! Too bad the little one didn't make it.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Cute flower girls and lovely card.

Sandra Cox said...

Good job on the flower girls. The quill art is fascinating.

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful painting and pretty quilled art card.....love both

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a very nice drawing of the flower girls :)

All the best Jan

Lorraine said...

I bet they were adorable. You've done them well. I love quilling. I have a couple of seaside themed cards framed.

Ane said...

Tuas sobrinhas ficaram fofinhas no desenho!
🌼😘

DeniseinVA said...

A very pretty reminder from your daughter’s wedding, and the quilling card is lovely!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

That’s a darling painting of the sweet girls.

carol l mck said...

Love the little girl sketch and the quill art (which takes patience).Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,

aka (A Creative Harbor)

Quinley said...

I love the drawing of the two girls.
-Quinley

dsnake1 said...

Lovely drawing of the two girls!
Quill art is new to me. :)

Ananka said...

Lovely art :-D

Jennifer Rose said...

weddings can be a bit too much for little people sometimes

Anonymous said...

Cute painting! Being a flower girl is a tough job, especially for the really young ones!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The wedding day is a long one for everyone...especially those youngsters.
I love the quilled art!