Monday, April 12, 2021

Ham with Vegetable Casserole

 





After Easter, I was left with a lot of ham we needed to use creatively.  I found this ham casserole recipe and substituted cauliflower for the potatoes. 

2 c cauliflower florets

1 large carrot sliced

2 celery ribs chopped

water to boil vegetables

2 c cubed ham

1 green pepper chopped

1 onion chopped

7 tbs butter divided

1/4 tbs butter set aside for topping

3 tbs flour

1 1/2 c milk

3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

1 c shredded cheddar cheese

1/2c breadcrumbs (I used panko)

1/2 tomato sliced

In a saucepan bring cauliflower, carrots, celery to a boil.  Cook for 15 mins and drain.

In a skillet saute 3 tbs butter, onions, green pepper.  When softened mix ham in.

Add the vegetables.

Transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper.

Make cheese sauce.  Melt remaining butter, stir in flour until smooth.  Gradually whisk in milk, salt, pepper.  Stir constantly until thickened, about 2 mins.  Add cheese and stir until melted.  Add sliced tomato.

Pour over ham mix and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.  Dot with small bits of butter (1/4 tbs).

Bake at 375F for 25-30 mins until browned.



23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds delicious! Hugs, Valerie

Saruski said...

Delicious!!!

baili said...

looks great dear Christine

blessings to you and family!

Evi Erlinda said...

Looks yummy with lots of vegetables!

Ivy's Closet said...

Awesome! I will have to try this!

Martha said...

Yummy!

Martyna said...

Very delicious!;)

R's Rue said...

Yum

Tanza Erlambang said...

yummy

Sandra Cox said...

That casserole sounds tasty.

Rain said...

That looks delicious!

Hot guys said...

OMG, Christine... 😏

Looks yummy to me! 👅

Thanks for sharin' the recipe. 👏🏻

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Very interested article! Thanks for sharing! Have a great evening! 🤗🤗🤗

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico, gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been ages since I done cassrole

bread&salt said...

Looks healthy and tasty.

Angie's Recipes said...

The casserole looks not only comforting, also very tasty and flavourful. A nice meal with that awesome challah!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I also love the recipe with cauliflower, delicious!

BabskaAtmosfera said...

Look very tasty!

DeniseinVA said...

Looks delicious and just what I need. Thank you Christine :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice recipe, and a great idea to use the lower carb cauliflower in place of potatoes :)

All the best Jan

Ananka said...

Looks good :-D

Kay said...

Oh gracious, Christine! You have been busy cooking and baking up a storm. They all look amazing!